St. Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital in Howell serves the health care needs of Livingston County residents. Services include an award-winning 24-hour emergency department,inpatient and outpatient surgery, including joint replacement, a variety of diagnostic and outpatient services and over 300 physicians serving patients. St. Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital is part of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning 5 counties in Southeastern Michigan.
This position is for a Registered Nurse in our 16 bed Emergency Department at St. Joseph Mercy Livingston in Howell Michigan. Those with ED, ICU or PCU experience are encouraged to apply.
FULL-TIME, 36 HOURS PER WEEK 11 A.M. TO 11:30 P.M., WEEKEND, HOLIDAY ROTATION.
St. Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital's Emergency Department (ED) is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to care for minor illnesses/injuries, as well as major life-threatening, traumatic, medical and surgical problems. A new Emergency Observation Unit monitors patients with cardiac and respiratory symptoms with specialized care. Practice in a department that is staffed with board-certified or board-eligible emergency physicians.
Provides quality patient centered care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs through competent clinical practice and application of the nursing process. Consistently integrates concepts of relationship based care into practice. Serves as a clinical and educational resource to others on the unit. Assumes accountability for nursing care of designated patients. Demonstrates unit/area-designated competencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Views patient holistically; considers physical, psychosocial, emotional, age specific, cultural and spiritual factors and demonstrates appropriate assessment skills for an identified patient population.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills by gathering and analyzing patient information, then responding to a patient situation. Implements corrective and/or creative interventions to achieve desired outcomes.Perseveres through barriers/obstacles to achieve the best possible outcomes for the patient.
- Develops implements, evaluates and revises an individualized plan of care using evidenced based interventions and standards of care, while actively involving the patient and family. Identifies needs and begins to plan for care across the continuum.
- Identifies patient and family education needs. Develops and implements teaching plan based on existing standards, seeking out additional resources when necessary. Utilizes teach back methodology to assure patient and family is learning effectively. Identifies necessary resources to assure readiness for discharge and begins to develop plan in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Participates effectively as a member of the interdisciplinary team by collaborating to achieve patient outcomes. Participates directly or indirectly in interdisciplinary rounds. Assures achievement of quality patient outcomes in collaboration with medical staff and health care team. Participates in unit/organizational quality and safety initiatives to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential hospital acquired conditions such as nosocomial infections, falls and pressure ulcers and actively seeks to prevent.
- Identifies customer service needs and meets or exceeds expectations. Creates an environment that promotes customer satisfaction and the patient experience.
- Respectfully communicates both written and verbal information that is accurate, timely, concise and thorough. Effectively communicates patient status, priority goals and interventions to colleagues and other disciplines during consultation, rounds and handoffs.
- Manages team members to provide care for a group of patients during a designated time frame.Prioritizes necessary activities and delegates appropriately. Demonstrates effective team member skills.
- Efficiently organizes and prioritizes individual workload around patient and unit needs. Adjusts activities and plan depending on situation. Seeks to improve personal organizational skills to increase work efficiencies. Consistently demonstrates purposeful rounding.
- Graduation from accredited nursing program:
- As of 1/1/12, newly hired Registered Nurses must have a BSN degree or must agree in writing to obtain their BSN within a specified time frame.
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy...
- Requires current Michigan Nursing License
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.