Are you looking for a place to Be Remarkable? If you are looking for mission driven organization where you opinion matters and are viewed as an integral part of the care team, then Saint Joseph Mercy Health may be for you. Please check out our current needs and see where you can Be Remarkable too.
The RNs, Registered Nurses, provides quality patient centered care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs through competent clinical practice and application of the nursing process. It is expected that the RN will consistently integrate concepts of relationship based care into their practice. One would serve as a clinical and educational resource to others on the unit. The RN assumes accountability for nursing care of designated patients and demonstrates unit/area-designated competencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Licensure Education:
- Views patient holistically; considers physical, psychosocial, emotional, age specific, cultural and spiritual factors and demonstrates appropriate assessment skills for an identified patient population.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills by gathering and analyzing patient information, then responding to a patient situation. Implements corrective and/or creative interventions to achieve desired outcomes. Perseveres through barriers/obstacles to achieve the best possible outcomes for the patient.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and revises an individualized plan of care using evidenced based interventions and standards of care, while actively involving the patient and family. Identifies needs and begins to plan for care across the continuum.
- Identifies patient and family education needs. Develops and implements teaching plan based on existing standards, seeking out additional resources when necessary. Utilizes teach back methodology to assure patient and family is learning effectively. Identifies necessary resources to assure readiness for discharge and begins to develop plan in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Participates effectively as a member of the interdisciplinary team by collaborating to achieve patient outcomes. Participates directly or indirectly in interdisciplinary rounds. Assures achievement of quality patient outcomes in collaboration with medical staff and health care team. Participates in unit/organizational quality and safety initiatives to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential hospital acquired conditions such as nosocomial infections, falls and pressure ulcers and actively seeks to prevent.
Graduation from accredited nursing program, New hires as of 1/1/12 must have a BSN degree or must agree in writing to obtain their BSN within the specified time frame.Licensure:
Requires current Michigan Nursing LicenseOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.