The Registered Professional Nurse maintains the standards of professional nursing practice, and demonstrates competence for patient care through the utilization of the nursing process. The process includes continuous assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient care and patient education. The Registered Nurse directs and guides ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of nursing practice.
Mass Eye and Ear is currently seeking a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) for a promising position within their perioperative care unit. In this role, the Perianesthesia Care Unit Nurse will process the ability to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and accurately document nursing care for the pre and post-operative surgical patient.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing; baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in Massachusetts.
- A minimum of 2 years of medical/surgical Nursing experience is preferred.
- Related experience required for advanced clinical and specialty areas.
- Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership in a professional nursing organization desired.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.