Pharmacy Technician - St. Peter's Hospital
Full Time Day
**Ask about our sign on bonus**
Are you interested in outpatient pharmacy without the stress of retail? This may be the opportunity for you! St. Peter's Health Partners is seeking a Pharmacy Technician for our Outpatient Pharmacy at St. Peter's Hospital.
Responsibilities:Medication Distribution -
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
Work/Life: Positions and shifts to accommodate all schedules
Medication Preparation -
- Appropriately handles incoming phone calls
- Collects patient information necessary for prescription processing
- Understands timetable for courier deliveries to offsites
- Accurately processes requests for prescription refills.
- Accurately enters patient information into the computer.
- Counts correct medication and quantity for the prescription.
- Accurately fills employee orders for Over The Counter medications
Order, Reporting Processing and Record Keeping
Maintains inventory levels for the narcotic cabinet.
Maintain adequate levels of drugs and supplies for Outpatient area.
Receives incoming order from wholesaler, resolves shortages and out of stocks.
What you will need:
- Files prescriptions correctly on a daily basis.
- Delivers charge sheets to Central Registration to set up patient registrations
- Processes NYS Medicaid rejected claims and manual submission forms
- Completes correct controlled substance paperwork , so as to maintain correct controlled substance inventory
- Processes daily and monthly statistical reports and logs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- National certification by PTCB or NHA
- Valid New York State Pharmacy Technician Registration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals, multiplication and division
- Two years pharmacy and computer experience preferred
- Relevant health care related experience preferred
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.