Novelis has an immediate opening for a Reliability Processes Optimization Leader that is focused on high-level Systems and the optimization of Equipment Maintenance process, throughout North America. Some of the key processes of interest will include Work Management, Preventive and Predictive Maintenance and Equipment Failure analysis. Along with these, activities will include work to find and minimize Unplanned Downtime, Speed Losses, unnecessary Maintenance tasks and other Non-Value added work. With the new Focused 5 goals highlighting reduction of "losses", World Class Manufacturing (WCM) will also be used and heavily integrated as a core methodology.
In this role, you would report to the Senior Manager of Reliability, for Novelis North America (NNA), and be part of the Manufacturing Excellence Group. This leadership position is a key role in the newly developed "Reliability Center of Excellence". (RCoE) As a member of this team, you would work with, and advise, plant leaders on important reliability processes and strategies to maximize throughput, enhance capital investments and optimize equipment uptime.
As this role has regional responsibility, you will be expected to travel to many of the 16 different plants, on a regular basis. This means that 40% to 60% of the time you could be on the road, or visiting one of our plant locations. However, considerations will be made for a good "work-life" balance. As part of this, good coordination and regular communications with each of the plant leaders will be a key part of your responsibilities, but could also be performed virtually.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset! We embrace diversity to see real world problems, through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family-oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through numerous volunteer events. We also work with non-profit partners and local schools, towards making communities safer, and growing recycling by consumers. Novelis also supports Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education initiatives. We operate in a strong and encouraging environment, with opportunities to be part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & QualificationsRequired Qualifications
- Drive improvements that promote Novelis' Focused 5 goals, with specific attention to Safety, Operational Excellence, People, Culture and Sustainability.
- Support the Reliability CoE Team with:
- Development of a Cohesive Plan to properly support the Region
- Training & Facilitation of Reliability Processes & Tools (how to apply/use)
- Auditing & Assessment of plants' alignment with Global & Regional Standards
- Communication & Prioritization of plant Projects, Regional Focus Areas, Corrective Actions, Roadblock removal and Plant Support needed, for the Region
- Work with Plant Leaders and Global Reliability to ensure the right Monitoring and Equipment Maintenance tasks are performed, to properly maintain Critical Equipment
- Facilitate completion of Asset Care plans, for Critical Equipment, that includes review of PM/PdM, Spare parts, and an analysis of Failure Modes and Contingency plans
- Monitor and Coach the use of RCA, RCFA and Mini-RCA Tools to determine Root Causes of Failures, along with completion of Corrective and Follow-up Actions
- Evaluating the Operating Performance of Facility Systems and Equipment to determine Improvements and Capacity Release projects, and better understand Losses
- Standardize the use of CMMS Processes and Procedures to ensure they align with Reliability Processes, Best Practices, and the PM Master Pillar
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Reliability field
- 10+ years of experience in a heavy manufacturing setting
- Operations, Maintenance or Engineering Leadership experience
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Expertise in areas of:
- Precision, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Practices
- Work Management and Planning & Scheduling Processes
- Equipment Criticality and Spare Parts Analysis
- Excellent Computer Skills, and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Must be comfortable teaching, coaching and presenting to small teams and large groups, at all levels of the organization
- Speaks/Writes English fluently and Communicates effectively
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) Certification
- 15+ years of experience in an Engineering or Reliability field, with 10+ years in an Aluminum Manufacturing setting
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Expertise in areas of:
- World Class Manufacturing Methodology
- Reliability Centered Maintenance, FMEAs & PM Optimization
CMRP or CMRT certification (Maintenance & Reliability)
- Continuous Improvement Belt Training/Certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Experience with various CMMS Systems (SAP, Maximo, Oracle)
- Project Management Experience with large Capital investments, and use of MS Project
Novelis' Beachwood Ohio office supports our North American aluminum continuous casting operations including inside sales and customer service.