If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology Department
The Department of Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Research Associate 3. The Research Associate 3, SOM assumes responsibility for the design and performance of research focused on the development of novel experimental therapies for human malignancies. The incumbent contributes to collaborations with scientists within the University of Miami or elsewhere. Moreover, this individual works as part of a team and assists with the maintenance of laboratory equipment, protocols, and supplies.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.Minimum Requirements: Education:
- Maintain daily operations and perform procedures as related to the experiments required for the aims of the grants current and future.
- Assist the manager and PI with the animals and animal protocols.
- Work as part of the lab team to maintain lab equipment, protocols, and supplies.
- Maintains daily operations and performs procedures related to new and on-going research projects.
- Assists with ordering, purchasing, and maintenance of all required reagents and supplies for laboratory activities, and monitors and maintains inventory of supplies and stocks.
- Assists with the maintenance of institutional biosafety and animal care protocols, laboratory safety records, and standard operating procedures.
- Performs and assists other research staff with standard laboratory techniques.
- Develops, adapts, and implements new laboratory procedures.
- Records, organizes, and writes up experimental results for submission of manuscripts and for scientific presentations.
- Keeps abreast of latest literature in the field and searches for references to technical problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of the methods and techniques related to the specific field of research.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field requiredExperience:
Minimum 5 years of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.