Research Associate - 28502 Research Faculty
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Department: Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
Job Title: Research Associate
Position #: 00673413 – Requisition #: 28502
A Research Associate position is available at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Medicinal Chemistry Core Facility, Directed by Dr. Michael Wempe. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to join our medicinal chemistry program as a Research Associate. This position's primary purpose is focused principally on the continuing development of research skills. More specifically, this position will participate in research focused on drug development preparing novel pharmacologically active compounds for the potential treatment and/or monitoring of malignant diseases, which includes: i) conducting multi-step syntheses; ii) monitoring reactions and characterizing the products with fundamental analytical tools (e.g. TLC, column chromatography, HPLC, GC/MS, HPLC-MS and NMR); iii) and extraction of biological samples (i.e. plasma, blood, liver, etc.) and subsequent determination of drug candidates and metabolite(s).
Why Join Us:
- Conducts research focused on drug development preparing novel pharmacologically active compounds for the potential treatment and/or monitoring of malignant diseases,
- Conducts experiments, which includes: i) conducting multi-step syntheses; ii) monitoring reactions and characterizing the products with fundamental analytical tools (e.g. TLC, column chromatography, HPLC, HPLC-MS and NMR); iii) and extraction of biological samples (i.e. plasma, blood, liver, etc.) and subsequent determination of drug candidates and metabolite(s).
- Maintains accurate documentation of procedures and results according to laboratory's guidelines; and adheres to safety procedures and security requirements.
- Collaborates with the principal investigator and other research staff to review scientific literature and develop experimental protocols.
- Writes research proposal documents for grants purposes, manuscripts for publication in scientific journals, and documents lab results.
- Applies for fellowships in an effort to develop an independent research program.
- Keeps up to date on research and technical developments.
- Provides general laboratory administration, such as maintaining laboratory equipment, maintaining lab records, general lab clean up, ordering lab supplies, completing requisition forms, processing financial transactions, and filing.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
PhD in medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmacology, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, toxicology, or a closely related field. Two (2) years experience in tissue culture, protein chemistry, enzymology, and molecular biology. Preferred Qualifications:
Previous experience in an academic setting. Previous experience in Pharmacy or a pharmacy related field. Experience with the chemical synthesis of small molecule heterocycles, microwave technology, flash purification systems, HPLC analysis, and biochemical assays. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
How to Apply:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Organizational, planning, and inter-personal skills essential.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, and capable of working both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and timely accomplishment of tasks.
- Knowledge of Biochemistry.
- Knowledge of Cell/Molecular Biology.
- Experience with data collection and analysis, experimental design, basic science techniques.
- Data Processing, Spreadsheet, and Word Processing Computer Skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Expertise in organic synthesis including multi-step synthesis, compound purification, and structural characterization.
- The ability to design and adapt synthetic routes to obtain target compounds and support structure-activity studies.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend complex research protocol information.
- Strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles, with an understanding of key ADME, biochemical and pharmacological principles, and able to effectively integrate and apply these to lead generation and optimization efforts.
- Ability to champion chemistry efforts from initiation to achieve project milestones.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position Curriculum vitae / Resume Five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
Questions should be directed to: Dr. Michael Wempe, Michael.Wempe@cuanschutz.edu Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on January 15, 2023. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting hiring range for this position has been established as HIRING RANGE:
$60,000 to $70,000.
The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation unless it is non-exempt.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Anschutz Campus – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Faculty Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20518 - SOP-Administration Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Dec 20, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Michael Wempe Posting Contact Email: Michael.email@example.com
Position Number: 00673413
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency