Join the Sargent Legacy in Securing Our Future
Founded in 1919, RBC Bearings (Nasdaq: ROLL) has a long, successful history of quality craftsmanship and innovation in highly technical bearing products that require sophisticated design solutions and manufacturing capabilities for Industrial, Aerospace and Defense applications around the world. In 2015, RBC acquired Sargent Aerospace and Defense.
Founded in 1920, Sargent Aerospace & Defense leverages 100 years of expertise as a premier global supplier of precision engineered customized components that directly contributes to the safe operation of countless commercial and military aircraft, rotorcraft, submarines and land based vehicles.
At Sargent, our mission is to secure our future by making the challenging a reality. We achieve this by delivering high quality products and services that meet customer requirements and exceed customer expectations through employee development, customer focus and continual improvement.
Sargent’s continuing investment in people, assets, technology, and process quality ensures excellence and is integral to the company’s commitment to customers and their end-users. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture through our core values of Integrity, Respects & Values People, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Results Focus and Continual Improvement.
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Bonus platforms
- Holidays/Vacation/Sick Time
- 401k Savings & Investment Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
Dedication to our core values. Our must haves…
- Flexible Schedules:
- 4-day work week
- 1/2 day Fridays
- Gym & Rideshare Incentives
Integrity -We do the right thing the right way. Our ideal candidate is ethical, honest in all interactions, delivers good news and bad, and follows through on commitments. Key Skills & Abilities: is fair, credible, confidential, fiscally responsible and accountable for decisions and actions.
Respects and Values People- We encourage and bring out the potential of others. Our ideal candidate embraces diversity, recognizes and supports the accomplishments, talents and development of others. Key Skills & Abilities: is committed to the building of strong relationships and creates an environment of trust and mutual respect.
Customer Focus - We act with excellence in each and every interaction. Our ideal candidate builds strong internal/external customer relationships, and goes above and beyond to deliver high quality products and services on time, every time. Key Skills & Abilities: is responsive with strong customer service skills, product and job knowledge to provide excellent customer satisfaction.
Teamwork - We are better together. Our ideal candidate is inclusive, engaged and collaborative, sharing information, ideas and experiences to accomplish goals, improve decision making and leverage capabilities. Key Skills & Abilities: is a dependable team player, demonstrated through attendance and punctuality, works well with others and has strong communication skills (both oral & written) to keep all stakeholders informed.
Results Focus - We focus on the outcome, not the obstacle. Our ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic with a results/performance driven track record in a fast paced, changing and challenging environment. Key Skills & Abilities: is adaptable, works with a sense of urgency and high level of initiative and demonstrates a commitment to quality with attention to detail.
Continual Improvement - We encourage and drive innovation. Our ideal candidate must be naturally curious, passionate and never satisfied with the status quo. Key Skills & Abilities: is innovative and has a problem solving mindset that provides and implements CI ideas.
With continual growth comes opportunity and Sargent has an immediate opening for a Research and Development CFD Engineer.Position Summary:
This engineering position reports to the Chief Engineer for Research and Development (R&D) and is responsible for working in a team environment for the design, testing and documentation of R&D prototypes and new design processes.Responsibilities
- Serve as the CFD subject matter lead as a member of a high performing and collaborative R&D team.
- Perform CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analyses for existing and new hydraulic products.
- Provide design recommendations based on the CFD analysis to achieve the design goals of products.
- Define complex problems in a limited scope for investigation, drawing valid conclusions based on data and facts, and communicate results in clear simple terms to the R&D team and management.
- Collaborate with the R&D team on new concepts, designs, test plans, and test data with proper application of engineering and CFD specific principles.
- Develop and deliver presentations of pertinent design/analysis/test topics to the R&D team.
- Collaborate with R&D team, manufacturing engineers, machinists, and test technicians to efficiently fabricate components
- Plan and conduct experiments to evaluate conceptual designs of new or enhanced existing hydraulic products.
- Perform correlation studies of test data to CFD analysis to validate and bound analysis confidence.
- Maintain accurate, orderly test and data records to create test reports in order to document lessons learned and demonstrate compliance to R&D goals and customer specifications.
- Create and implement CFD design tools and processes with valid design theory & test validation for use on production designs.
- Provide training and mentoring of design engineers to utilize CFD tools and processes.
- Assist in the creation of technical proposals, cost estimates & schedules for R&D.
- Provide design and analysis assistance on development test programs and production.
- Master’s degree or higher in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering, OR actively pursuing a graduate level degree in Engineering – with completion of all relevant degree coursework. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and substantial work experience with CFD will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modeling and simulation of fluid dynamics with a working knowledge of CFD software, with Ansys Mechanical and Ansys Fluent preferred.
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn 3D modeling software (CREO preferred).
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Prior history of being a self-starter who demonstrates a sense of urgency in meeting expectations and delivering results.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of this position.
- Experience with or knowledge of numerical methods and modeling applicable to turbulence.
- Knowledge of the history and use cases of the various turbulence modeling methods (RANS, LES, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with and application of steady and unsteady flow simulation.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Experience with programming language such as Fortran, C/C++, and/or Python.
- Working knowledge of engineering software such as Mathcad, MATLAB, LabVIEW software.
- Working knowledge of engineering analysis processes such as FEA, modal analysis, GD&T.
- Familiarity with metal forming and manufacturing methods & processes.
- Familiarity with DMAIC (or equivalent) problem solving methodology.
- Hands-on, mechanical aptitude displayed through personal hobbies/projects.
Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Citizen.Quality Requirement:
Employees will participate in understanding, implementing and maintaining the Company Quality Policy in accordance with AS9100 and/or ISO 9001 requirements.Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The employee will be required to move throughout the building to collect, handle and process production and prototype parts.