It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Provides direct assistance to surgeons before, during and after surgical procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Implements physicians orders to provide visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Two years' registered nurse experience in an advanced surgical specialty
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
44030100 SurgeryScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here