RN (Long Term Care Sub-Acute) - Our Lady on Mercy Life Center - Guilderland, NY
If you are looking for a RN position in skilled nursing, to meet a flexible schedule as per diem, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places.
Our Lady of Mercy Life Center is committed to providing quality services with the outstanding compassion for which St. Peter's is renowned. Our well-trained staff's devotion to our residents leads to better outcomes and higher ratings in resident and family satisfaction surveys.
Divided into four units of 40 residents each, four private rooms and 18 semiprivate rooms, Our Lady strives to maintain the intimacy of a homelike setting. To help foster a sense of community and friendship among the residents, each unit has its own distinctively decorated dining room.
What you will do:
Top Class Care: Facility ranked in Newsweek's Top Nursing Homes for 2019 and 2020 reaching #41 in New York state and currently is ranked as a 5 star facility. Passionate staff going above-and-beyond for patient satisfaction!
Commitment to safety: Through Trinity Health's distribution network, the team has never ran out of PPE and has increased their safety training in the face of COVID
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program and career development
Work/Life: Leadership team tries to be as accommodating with schedule as possible
Flexible schedule: Team has a flexible commitment and schedule even able to accommodate 4/5 hour shiftsfor per diem RNs
Team engagement: Leadership team engaged on the floor and utilizes team suggestions for innovative decision making
No mandating: Team does not mandate their nursing staff
Close to home: Location that is an easy commute from Schenectady, Rotterdam, Albany and Latham
- Responsible and accountable to utilizing the nursing process to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential problems of individuals or groups.
What you will need:Required:
- Admission assessment consistent with guidelines and interview resident/significant others to complete health history
- Utilize resources to assess residents with conditions that are new, unfamiliar or not commonly seen on unit
- Interpret overt/covert assessment data to determine when resident is at acute psychological and/or psychosocial risk then report and record the interpretation
- Inform and educate resident what care or service is to be provided
- Develop and contribute to a plan of care based on potentially existing problems, expected resident response and the medical plan of care
- Communicate the plan of care by using methods that include action plans, goals and time frames
- A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of New York
- Associate's degree in nursing or Degree of Nursing from an accredited school
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 1 year or more of experience in a skilled nursing setting as a RN
- Bachelor's degree of nursing
- Registered Nurses at St. Peter's NRC must possess a passion for caring for patients and demonstrate a respectful, caring, professional demeanor
- The RN must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- The RN must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and written and possess strong critical thinking skills to problem solve
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.