At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
We are looking to hire a PRN Registered Nurse for our PACU department at our Regional Medical Center in Boise, located at 1055 N. Curtis Road.
**12 hour shift. 0900-2100**
About Boise: Idaho's capital city (and third largest city in the Pacific Northwest!) is located in the high desert of southwestern Idaho, right on the Boise River. Offering a stellar quality life, Boise also features a vibrant and urban downtown, cultural and culinary experiences, and a wealth of entertainment options. Boasting over 200 days of sunny weather each year, recreational opportunities abound - most notably the 25 mile-long Boise River Greenbelt, which links together a series of beautiful public parks and the Boise Foothills, which offers an interconnected network of roads and trails through the hills. Consistently high ranking on various top ten lists relating to safety, affordability and work-life balance, it's easy to see why Boise is the place to be.
About the department: Our PACU area consists of 16 beds and an isolation room and is a very fast paced department that sees some of our highest acuity patients.
About this position: An RN inPACU works autonomously with excellent time management skills. You will provide hands-on patient care while collaborating with colleagues, maintaining accurate documentation, and utilizing resources wisely. You serve as a patient advocate by promoting physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being. You also educate patients, administer prescribed medications and treatments, and develop care plans based on patient needs.
About our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric as applicable).
- Ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and procedures.
- Performs and documents comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessments.
- Educates patient based on assessment of needs. Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care based on patient's needs.
- Communicates patient's current status and plan of care to other caregivers (verbally and in writing).
- Prepares, gives and evaluates the effectiveness of medications.
- Demonstrates safe operation of patient care equipment.
- Establishes therapeutic and professional boundaries.
- Integrates knowledge, experience, professional standards and hospital policies into nursing practice.
- Meets unit specific technical skills. Practices with the rules and regulations defined by the Idaho State Board of Nursing.
Our ideal candidate is detail oriented and enjoys working in a fast paced and exciting environment. They demonstrate strong team building and interpersonal skills. They also will have a desire to care for a diverse population of patients.License/Certification:
About Saint Alphonsus
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Idaho
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider (ACLS) certification required within 12 months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required within 12 months of hire
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health. Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by lawTrinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Visit Saint Alphonsus on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.