It is a replacement for a current RN 1.0 FTE position that covers Ann Arbor & Brighton the two largest accrual sites.
Trinity Health Saint Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor is one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. The facility represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Exciting position as a Clinical Oncology Research Nurse within the Michigan Cancer Research Consortium(MCRC) based at Trinity Health Saint Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor. MCRC is a multi-state consortium of community hospitals offering both federally funded and pharmaceutical sponsored oncology research trials in community hospitals. MCRC has been continuously funded for over 20 years through the National Cancer Institute (NCI)and currently is funded as an NCI Community Oncology Research Program(NCORP). The person accepting this position will coordinate clinical patient care for a wide variety of oncology research trials. Research nurses work with a dynamic team of researchers at MCRC and others across the country. Nurses will collaborate with dynamic MCRC team including Principal Investigators, research coordinators, and investigational pharmacist with opportunities to collaborate with national teams in National Cancer Institute network.
Clinical Oncology Research Nurse Coordinates, implements, and evaluates clinical research trials, studies, and projects. Performs patient evaluations, administers medications, and research instruments and provides nursing support to perform specialized diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides day-to-day management of an assigned portfolio of clinical research studies and clinical trials.
- Provides direction and collaborates with research coordinators and other research support staff.
- Recruits and screens potential study participants.
- Makes referrals to in-house or community professionals and serves as a clinical resource to research patients, investigators, and other staff.
- Analyzes and evaluates clinical data to be able to trend events for patient safety. Recognizes and reports potential adverse events in cooperation with the investigators and principal investigator.
- Acts as patient advocate between the investigator, clinical departments and the cooperative groups.
- Collects data, assists in developing data collection systems, and compiles reports.
- Manages project related information systems and databases including data collection, coding, storage, and analysis.
- Serves as liaison to other departments, outside organizations, and industry representatives on related research study or clinical trial issues.
- Ensures the preparation of operational and statistical reports for management and for regulatory agencies.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, off solutions, and participates in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to Trinity Health Saint Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Trinity Health.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
Performs other duties as assigned.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in nursing. Current licensure in the State of Michigan. Three years of related nursing experience, previous research experience preferred.REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with principal investigators and other stakeholders to coordinate the day-to-day activities of research studies. Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to manage study related budges and grant related activities.
- Knowledge of research design principles, statistics, regulatory requirements, and ethical requirements. Working knowledge of database systems and good basic computer skills. Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented settings. Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate study and patient schedules.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.