RN (Sub Acute)- Heritage House - Troy, NY
If you are looking for a RN leadership position in skilled nursing, to meet a flexible schedule working Full time Day shift, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places. The site is willing to start as a graduate practical nurse.
Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a 122-bed skilled nursing care center located in Troy, NY. Situated on top of upper Tibbits Avenue, the center overlooks the great Hudson Valley. Dedicated to enhancing the dignity, comfort and quality of life for seniors in a homelike environment. Eddy Heritage House provides Skilled Nursing Care, Rehabilitation Services, short-term, sub-acute rehabilitation services for individuals who do not require the intensive rehabilitation therapy provided at an acute rehabilitation hospital and respite services.
What you will do:
Top Quality Care: Part of the nationally recognized and award winning Eddy system
Commitment to safety: Through Trinity Health's distribution network, the team has never ran out of PPE and has increased their safety training in the face of COVID
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, tuition assistance and career development
Work/Life: Leadership team tries to be as accommodating with schedule as possible and looking for TRACK 7am-7pm every Saturday and Sunday
Benefit eligible: Even though this position is2hours a week it is still eligible for Health, Dental, Vision benefits as well as others!
Uniform allowance: The site will help put money toward your scrubs each year
Engaged leaders: Supervisors, Managers and Directors that are out on the floor alongside the staff
No mandating: Team does not mandate their nursing staff
Close to home: Location that is an easy commute from Albany, Cohoes, Latham, Clifton Park as well as areas of Vermont!
- Responsible and accountable to utilizing the nursing process to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential problems of individuals or groups.
What you will need:Required:
- Admission assessment consistent with guidelines and interview resident/significant others to complete health history
- Utilize resources to assess residents with conditions that are new, unfamiliar or not commonly seen on unit
- Interpret overt/covert assessment data to determine when resident is at acute psychological and/or psychosocial risk then report and record the interpretation
- Inform and educate resident what care or service is to be provided
- Develop and contribute to a plan of care based on potentially existing problems, expected resident response and the medical plan of care
- Communicate the plan of care by using methods that include action plans, goals and time frames
- A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of New York
- Associate's degree in nursing or Degree of Nursing from an accredited school
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 1 year or more of experience in a skilled nursing setting as a RN
- Bachelor's degree of nursing
- Registered Nurses at Heritage House must possess a passion for caring for patients and demonstrate a respectful, caring, professional demeanor
- The RN Supervisor must be able to lead and supervise a team of different backgrounds and possess strong de-escalation skills.
- The RN Supervisor must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- The RN Supervisor must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and written and possess strong critical thinking skills to problem solve
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.