The Rotating Equipment Engineer provides technical support and development of operators & crafts, and technical assurance for rotating equipment to ensure safe, reliable, and cost-effective operation and maintenance for Production.
Education & Experience Required:
- Provision of technical support to Production areas on mechanical upgrades or improvements for rotating equipment
- Identification of Production area threats resulting from rotating equipment
- Timely development of plans to improve/eliminate bad actors
- Ensure that facility changes are properly documented, and records are issued to appropriate parties
- Ensure operating procedures for plant rotating equipment are in place as needed
- Participate in incident investigations concerning rotating equipment
- Verification that designs, field installations, and repairs meet engineering standards or approve deviations
- Troubleshoot operational rotating equipment problems in support of the Maintenance Execution & RCM work process
- Identify, develop, and apply best practices in machinery design, maintenance, and operation
- Participate in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analysis and establish alarms and limits for equipment through Ensure Safe Production (ESP) work process
- Assist in scope preparation for T/A repairs and overhauls for rotating equipment, develop respective items for T/A work letter
- Develop & maintain "Bad Actor" list for respective area identifying the highest maintenance or highest production impact equipment, identify and implement corrective actions needed to enhance the reliability for pumps
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations & rework reports
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience required in the Refining or Petrochemical industries
- Understanding of operations for centrifugal pumps, steam turbines, centrifugal and reciprocation compressors
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots, and hearing protection)
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card
- Must support and comply with the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Must support and comply with the company's harassment free workplace environment policy
- Must support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Must support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
As part of the pre-employment process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks.
New hires must have received their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine or be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before starting employment. The "final dose" is the final dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccines that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. You have been "fully vaccinated" when it has been at least two weeks since you received the final dose. An attestation certifying that you have received your final dose or are fully vaccinated will be provided and required as part of the pre-employment process after receipt of a conditional offer of employment, and will be a condition of employment. Motiva is an equal opportunity employer and will make any required accommodations under applicable law for individuals with disabilities or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination. Contact your recruiter if you would like to request an accommodation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers..
Motiva and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.