Are you the go to subject matter expert that is passionate about the safety and welfare of your employees? Imagine having greater support to develop impactful safety programs with an established, successful organization that will provide you with a greater sense of accomplishment and room to grow.
Darling Ingredients is looking for a Safety Coordinator to join our team at our plant located in Linville, VA . In this critical and high impact role you will be responsible for maintaining safe conditions throughout the assigned industrial facility.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
Very attractive compensation
Great Benefits - medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
$500-$1000 annual contribution towards your health savings account
3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
Advancement opportunities - We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles
Environmental impact - Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
Maintain safe conditions throughout division. Train all division employees on all appropriate subject matter as directed. Conduct inspections, audits and routine examinations of all work areas to ensure that they are free of recognized hazards and that all established rules and procedures are being followed. Provide guidance and advice to Division General Manager in all Safety related areas. Serve as a liaison between the division and local regulatory agencies, the community as well as the Corporate Safety Department. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manage safety for associated satellite locations as identified by location.
- Where necessary be able to provide guidance and oversite to the location PSM program.
- Special confined space related duties; pass a fit test, and maintain respirator qualifications.
- Identify all risks/hazards involved in division operations and recommend/coordinate the appropriate control to limit occupational exposure.
- Coordinate with Division General Manager to establish divisional safety related goals and objectives. Report to Corporate Safety Department on any goals and objectives and seek out assistance when necessary.
- Conduct investigation and Root Cause Analysis on all division incidents as defined by the company.
- Maintain division safety plan, programs and procedures.
- Conduct any and all appropriate safety training for Plant Operations, Plant Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance and Transportation as needed at the divisional level and maintain all appropriate training records.
- Provide 10 hour OSHA training, rendering familiarization training and conduct plant tours for employees at the Regional Safety Centers, when necessary.
- Respond to division emergencies and safety related incidents, when possible.
- Interpret, implement and verify compliance with all applicable OSHA, DOT, FMCSA, EPA and other regulatory regulations.
- Conduct audits of entire divisional operations for compliance in accordance to all related regulations, including plant and transportation operations.
- Coordinate with District Transportation Trainer to ensure drivers remain trained in essential safety topics associated with their jobs.
- Complete and submit all reports as directed by the Corporate Safety Department.
- Coordinate with Division General Manager to ensure that any official/visitor from a regulatory agency is escorted while at the division.
- Manage division Return to Work/Work Comp. Program.
- Regularly review Division 300 and 300A for accuracy.
- Attend local and regional safety conferences, seminars and classes as necessary and remain abreast on current regulations, trends and best practices.
- Be willing and able to perform confined space entry and rescue duties to include:
- Provides technical rescue standby for projects including confined space rescue as well as first aid and CPR.
- Assists in assessing risks, readying rescue equipment and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices in compliance with program standards.
- In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport.
- Minimum of 2 years of college.
- 3-5 years of experience providing safety management or a combination that demonstrates sufficient knowledge.
- Conducting continual improvement towards certification and higher degrees of knowledge in the field of safety.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically.
- Must have excellent computer skills (developing tables, presentations, drafting reports, etc.)
- Several hours standing/walking.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster To Contact This Location: Linville, VA - Tel: (540) 833-6641 Ext: 24111 6331 Val Pro Drive, Linville, Virginia 22834, USA