Responsible for the management and supervision of the Safety & Security Department. Ensures a safe and secure living and working environment for students and staff. Conducts investigations of accidents and incidents with the goal of resolution and reduction of future occurrences. Uses proper judgment and discretion to resolve student and staff issues and concerns.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree from an accredited school or related certifications preferred. A minimum of three years experience in military, law enforcement and/or safety management required. OSHA Certification required. Must possess a valid in-State Driver’s License and meet Company insurability requirements. DOL approval required if reporting to the Center Director.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
Supervises and manages the Safety & Security Department.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Responsible for Center-wide security and the coordination and execution of the Center’s safety program.
- Interviews, recommends for hire, disciplines, recommends for termination and evaluates the performance of the employees in the Safety & Security Department. Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities.
- Develops required annual plans for submission to the Department of Labor.
- Complies with DOL/Company reporting requirements.
- Conducts center investigations and compiles appropriate reports (ie. Significant Incident, TORT Claims, etc. )
- Coordinates and documents Center’s Safety Committee and OSHA compliance program.
- Oversees student/staff safety awards program.
- Compiles, analyzes and summarizes safety/security data and takes appropriate actions to resolve issues and concerns.
- Coordinates staff coverage to ensure student areas are supervised.
- Ensures all staff adhere to rest and meal break requirements.
- Conducts and documents Center-wide safety and accident prevention training.
- Conducts and documents incident and accident investigations per established timelines and requirements.
- Ensures Center compliance with all PRH and other DOL, Job Corps and Company safety directives and requirements.
- Conducts routine safety inspections and assessments of all Center equipment and facilities to identify potential safety and security hazards.
- Responsible for Center security, visitor control and student accountability.
- Responsible for the Center’s Environmental Health Program.
- Documents, tracks and provides follow through on Center’s Significant Incident Reports.
- Employs sound time management and delegation skills. Holds staff accountable for producing quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals.
- Provides required and supplemental training for new and current employees.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community for education, employment, Career Technical Training and WBL. Promotes a positive image of the Center and Job Corps and establishes meaningful relationships with elected officials.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)EducationLicenses & Certifications
This job has expired.