Expected Travel: Up to 50%
Requisition ID: 6413
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine - At Teleflex, we promote the use of advanced anesthesia and emergency medicine techniques to help improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. We equip clinicians with some of the most advanced medical devices on the market today, from our world-class brands including:
- LMA® and Rüsch® airway management devices designed to help reduce the risk of airway-related complications.
- Arrow pain management products designed to improve patients' post-operative pain experience.
- The Arrow® EZ-IO® System that helps address the time-critical challenge of emergency vascular access, and
- QuikClot® and QuickClot Control+® hemostatic devices, used by hospitals, EMS, and the military for hemorrhage control in a broad range of bleeding situations.
Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers advanced medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives. Position Summary
Interfacing with clinicians, VAC committees and economic buyers, this New Orleans based Sales Representative, Trauma and Emergency Medicine, is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with emergency medicine physicians, trauma surgeons, interventionalists, nurses, and paramedics in both the O.R., Emergency Department, ICU, Rapid Response Team, and the pre-hospital space to deliver on growth expectations and on total customer satisfaction. This position covers the Tennessee market and is based in Nashville, TN.(Territory does not include Memphis or Johnson City, TN) Responsibilities include selling and promoting Teleflex's portfolio of emergency medicine products, including our life-saving Arrow® EZ-IO® Intraosseous Vascular Access System and Z-Medica hemostatic products (QuikClot®, QuickClot Control+®) medical devices. The Sales Representative, Trauma and Emergency Medicine prospects and executes against new business opportunities to exceed revenue targets, thereby growing overall market share and increasing utilization among existing accounts, while securing new users within the geography. The Sales Representative acts as a valuable resource to those involved in Trauma and Emergency Medicine procedures and facilitates improved patient care while increasing clinical value to medical professionals and Teleflex Incorporated.
Must be able to establish and maintain vendor credentials (via RepTrax, Vendormate, etc.) to have the ability to enter and work, as required, in hospitals and other medical facilities, as an essential function of the job. Depending on customer/site requirements, vendor credentials may require the employee to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination and boosters.Principal Responsibilities
• Demonstrate results orientation by transforming activities into results. Set, pursue, and attain achievable goals regardless of obstacles or circumstances to exceed territory sales quota.
• Develop and maintain a detailed, strategic, and actionable territory business plan to ensure assigned revenue and profitability goals through effective organizational and time management skills.
• Display customer advocacy - ability to create strong, productive customer relationships based on trust with a commitment to customer satisfaction. Proven ability to influence cross functional teams without formal authority.
• Key opinion leader development. Ability to build champions and navigate the VAC process to effect clinical preference practices. Ability in taking disruptive technology from no share to full share.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills to include superb presentation skills.
• Demonstrate superior product, clinical and market understanding with the ability to develop and maintain a knowledge base to drive sales results. Fluent in all company product indications and applications with strong clinical and technical acumen. Maintain competency level in all assessments.
• Teach the safe and efficacious use of all Teleflex emergency medicine products via customer training, product in services, skills day, or trade shows.
• Understand competitors' technology and strategy and successfully navigate competitive conversations with customers.
• Strong foundation in healthcare economics, knowledge of GPOs and IDNs and understanding of corporate and healthcare contracting process. Work collaboratively with RSM and CADs to drive contracting success in territory.
• Actively use Saleforce.com platform of tools and pivots to develop and maintain in-depth account profiles, build and manage robust pipeline and forecast accurately. Ability to analytically assess the business and make informed decisions to effectively manage and grow territory sales.
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability - the ability to adjust, respond to and integrate change with minimal personal resistance. Exhibits strong teamwork, change management, emotional intelligence, and resiliency.
• Ensure compliance to Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all company policies, rules, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
• Submit all expense reports and required reporting in a timely manner.Education / Experience Requirements
• A bachelor's degree is required in a business, health science or other related degree. A master's degree in business or a related field is preferred.
• A minimum of four years prior medical device sales experience is expected, with a demonstrated track record of success.
• Operating room, trauma and emergency medicine experience is ideal plus background successfully selling disruptive technology and growing market share.
• Establish and maintain credentials (via RepTrax, Vendormate, etc) to enter and work in hospitals and other medical facilities as required by facility requirementsSpecialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Carry detail bag weighing up to 20 lbs. and lift equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Stand or walk for 6 - 10 hours per day, up to five (5) days per week
• Proficiency with computer technology and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
• Clean driving license
• Aligns to Teleflex Core Values
• Hunter mentality, self-directed, able to work independently and collaboratively to handle multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced high growth environment.
• Areas of competence for this position (areas of assessment and development) include, but are not limited to:
• Creating & closing opportunities
• Goal setting & achievement
• Customer & account Management
• Establishing trust
• Product & procedure knowledge
• Competitive Insight
• Healthcare Economics
• Business analytics
• Business planning
• Sales administration
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 50%
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.