About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website
Pay Rate: $50.00 to $55.00, Per Hour
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Veolia is recruiting an Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer to support the operation and maintenance of West Basin's Edward C Little Water Recycling Facility, Hyperion pump station and three satellite plants in the South Bay area. The selected engineer will be responsible for working with all department leads to find and implement controls and automation equipment troubleshooting strategies in order to maintain uninterrupted recycled water production. In addition, the engineer will be responsible for providing systems optimization recommendations and work in collaboration with the Client's IT and Operations department Engineers.
- Work as the I&C Engineer within the Operations Department under minimal supervision of the Production Manager.
- Oversee the good performance of SCADA system and network communication with all Satellite Facilities.
- Troubleshoot and test control systems hardware and software to support the Operations department.
- Coordinate work with other department leads (Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance) to set priorities and clear backlog.
- Modify PLC/HMI applications to meet project scope.
- Coordinate systems configuration with other systems providers.
- Complete I/O checkout, instrument configuration, and required documentation.
- Implement PLC/OIT controls based on project scope.
- Coordinate site activities between PLC implementation and SCADA.
- Work with Veolia corporate IT and SCADA support for resolving major network communication issues.
- Participate in project estimating, scheduling, planning, and training.
- Work directly with client's IT and Operations departments.
- Develop scopes of work for I&C systems, networks and projects in coordination with other department leads.
- Research new products required for particular project.
- Perform start-up and troubleshooting services.
- Perform commissioning testing of process control systems
- Provide technical support to plant personnel.
- Coordinate instruments start-up with other departments.
- Provide recommendations, select instrumentation, and develop control strategies.
- Develop and update control narratives and documents, including but not limited to control loops, alarms, graphic depiction, interlocks, and automated logic.
- Mark-up existing P&IDs to reflect as-built conditions.
- Develop specifications for instruments, computers, networking equipment, PLCs and associated components.
- Participate in Client's meetings to discuss I&C systems optimizations and upgrades.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations.
- Mentor and train new staff members.
- Be solution oriented and a team player.
- Bachelor's Degree in Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- 7 years of increasingly responsible experience in troubleshooting and implementing SCADA/Process Control Systems.
- Experience programming automation devices, and performing point-to-point tests.
- Experience with PLC ladder logic programming for Rockwell Automation, Schneider, Siemens and/or Emerson control hardware and software.
- Experience in Water Treatment Plant or Industrial operation is desirable.
- Design and analysis of controls systems.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot all aspects of electrical components and/or equipment.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work independently and be a liaison between and Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering departments.
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC/HMI Hardware and software, including the ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems as well as interpret and modify programs.
- Competency with Emerson Ovation hardware and software, including the ability to modify applications as necessary.
- Familiarity with network concepts. Ability to set up, reconfigure, and troubleshoot standard Ethernet networks. Familiarity with Modbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, and other industrial control protocols is a plus.
- Familiarity with concepts such as VPN, TeamViewer, remote control via Remote Desktop, etc.
- Competency with HMI software such as Wonderware, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced industrial environment.
- Ability to perform routine controls engineering work.
- Ability to assess existing equipment, devices, software, and make recommendations for improvements or upgrades.
- Ability to work hardware and software manufacturer's representatives and technical support to find and implement corrective actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to lead other experienced professionals and resolve workplace conflicts.
- Ability to write specifications and scope of work/supply for vendors.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide overall technical I&C engineering leadership and direction for the project.
- Knowledge of computer communication networks technology such as Ethernet and ability to troubleshoot networking and communications issues.
- Ability to understand one-line electrical diagrams.
- Ability to be servant leader and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage projects to completion, motivate others, and delegate work to others.
- Ability to emphasize on quality and establish a strong quality control/assurance culture.
- Registration as a professional engineer in California is desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
This job has expired.