If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Central Business Office has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Scanner to work at the Medley Campus. This position reports to the Manager, Scanning within the Central Business Office and is responsible for reviewing, scanning and uploading correspondence received through incoming mail and electronic portals. Using established procedures, the Scanner is responsible for taking appropriate action based on the content of the letter, routing the requests to the applicable departments/units via interoffice mail, electronically in Cloud application (BOX) as applicable and thoroughly document the outcome of each task for accurate tracking and analysis. The Scanner must be a highly organized and detail-oriented team member with strong comprehension skills.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Physical and electronic scanning/indexing/routing of all incoming documentation received by mail, email, fax and inter-departmental into Cloud system (BOX), Onbase Workflow and other delivery systems as deemed appropriate per Unit Process Guidelines.
- Route inbound communications to appropriate areas of expertise and document outcome of work processed for tracking and analysis.
- Mail outbound documentation to payers.
- Demonstrate high degree of personal responsibility regarding accuracy and quality of work and convey problems or issues to Manager.
- Generate response letters to mis-addressed and bad-addressed mail.
- Prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives.
- Retrieve EOB's for audits upon request.
- Responsible for filing and recycling scanned documents.
- Perform other duties & special projects in a manner that meets or exceeds quality and quantity standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required
- 1 year relevant and effective experience in a similar setting.
- Experience analyzing healthcare claims data in a healthcare environment is preferred
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and capabilities.
- Working knowledge of EPIC desirable
- Ability to comprehend incoming requests verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.