If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Answers telephone, screens and routes calls to appropriate destination, recording accurate messages when necessary.
2. Greets staff and visitors, and announces arrival to appropriate staff.
3. Performs administrative tasks such as filing, typing, and copying documents.
4. Schedules appointments and ensures the office calendar up-to-date.
5. Arranges meetings, to include any required catering needs for the meeting, and handles travel arrangements.
6. Provides general information about department operations.
7. Compiles information in order to assist department leadership in managing the budget and inventory.
8. Orders supplies for the department as needed.
9. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!