Security Technician (I)
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA), is seeking a Security Technician at our Tallahassee, FL location to support the growing Security division. The MCA Security division is a provider of integrated security management systems, life safety systems, and IT solutions and services.
Our services include a complete portfolio of professional services from planning, engineering, implementation, integration, to maintenance of state-of-the-art security systems for state, local, and federal governments, utility providers, hospitals, and industrial and commercial customers utilizing the latest technology.
Are you who we’re looking for? What makes a successful Security Technician at MCA?
- Service-first attitude
- Pride in one’s work
- Excellent communication
Your role on the MCA Team:
As a Security Technician, you will be a trusted technical advisor / installer and promote a safe, efficient, and productive workplace.
MCA Security Technicians have the passion and drive to troubleshoot and fix a variety of issues while providing an excellent customer experience. Going above and beyond to find solutions for our customers is a fundamental part of our Service-First DNA.
What you will be doing:
- Installation and servicing of physical security systems / platforms, to include CCTV, access control systems, intrusion detection, communications, and many other low voltage systems.
- Learn and contribute to technical and project teams.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system issues.
- Work as a valued team member and as an individual to deliver quality results to our customers.
- Execute assigned projects and duties in a timely manner with quality results.
- Work with trades and subcontractors assigned to projects.
What you’ll bring to the team
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Minimum 1+ years of experience with the installation and service of enterprise level physical security systems and platforms (Access Controls, CCTV, Intrusion / Burglar, etc.)
- Ability to do device installation, headend equipment, cabling, and able to connect to network.
- Basic comprehension of mechanical systems, digital circuits, and electrical systems.
- Basic understanding and ability to read and interpret building floor plans and diagrams.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to learn and use test equipment to verify installation.
- Can troubleshoot basic issues across various enterprise-level systems.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licensure.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform physical tasks like walking, standing, driving, lifting up to 50lbs, and ascending / descending ladders and stairs with little to no limitation.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check, motor vehicle check, and drug screen.
Exceptional candidates have:
- A two-year degree in Electronics, IT, or applicable subject.
- Proficient with enterprise-level security systems – installing, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Training / certifications associated with manufacturer’s security systems and networks.
- OSHA 10 / 30 certification.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
Must have the ability to travel as needed. Some overnight travel may be expected.
Who we are:
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 65,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
Since 2013, MCA acquired thirty-nine companies for both geographic density and technology portfolio diversity. These companies bring a combined industry experience of more than 75 years to build out a central corporate team and three operating divisions – Motorola (MSS), Data and Security. With more than 1100 employees and more than 80 locations throughout 13 states, we are there when our customers need us most. Our geographic footprint includes service centers across Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia with the capability to service national customers across the United States. Our solution diversity and geographic footprint provide opportunities for employee growth and career development.
What we believe:
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety.We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, and Relocation Assistance dependent on job title and geographic area.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. At MCA, we are “better together.”