About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Brand Relationship Management team is a team of highly dedicated accounting liaisons that are responsible for supporting brands and functions throughout forecast, close and post-close activities in addition to identifying opportunities for efficiency. This senior accountant will serve as a liaison to a selected function and will review and validate closing entries made by the line item owners, prepare and certify balance sheet reconciliations, prepare and review corporate close reports and provide technical accounting guidance, audit support and support for internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR).
What you'll do
- Prepare and certify selected balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support accounting close process and provide guidance on technical accounting matters
- Produce monthly close package for Brand or Function President and CFO
- Identify and clearly present findings to Brand or Function management on technical accounting and control issues
- Identify processes/functional areas where there is room for improvement, provide a global solution, and implement change
- Collaborate with business partners and maintain positive relationships across the organization to drive for consistent and efficient solutions
- Accountable for maintaining excellent customer service and meeting department commitments
- Work with Function Finance to improve financial processes in support of an efficient and accurate close
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; 4+ years of related accounting field experience
- Be able to directly and indirectly manage others by influencing and negotiating
- Work independently with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Possess a thorough knowledge of operational, accounting and financial systems, principles and theory
- Past experiences include financial close cycles, accruals, reserves, prepaid and other closing entry preparation and postings
- Excellent Excel skills; Access and Oracle experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written business communication
- Some travel may be required, primarily to SF (approx. 10%)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.