$3,000 Sign-On Bonus
Are you looking to build a career in the environmental field? Are you passionate about the environment and working collaboratively to improve our environment? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Environmental Intelligence (EI), a subsidiary of Montrose Environmental Group, the premier environmental services provider. EI is a provider of various environmental management and restoration services in industries such as utility, infrastructure, oil and gas, and renewable energy.
As a Biology Project Manager at EI, you will be responsible for working with a project team to manage risk, meeting project profitability goals, and managing both the internal team performance and client expectations. You'll will manage and direct others on project assignments. Project focus areas include Environmental (habitat restoration and revegetation plans for native vegetation communities such as wetlands, coastal sage scrub, grassland, woodland, desert scrub, and sensitive plants) and Biological (comprehensive biological resource consulting services for large scale developments and major capital improvement projects CEQA and NEPA compliance, documentation, and permitting under the Federal and State Endangered Species Acts).
This role is ideally based in Southern California, but can be performed remotely in California.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Environmental Intelligence (a Montrose Environmental Group Company), we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road - we're committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
Competitive Compensation Packages
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
- Lead multi-disciplinary biological teams for CEQA and NEPA compliance monitoring and documentation
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and public agencies, prepare and reviews biological documentation, develop project budgets and schedules, prepare proposals, and manage contract compliance
- Work directly with clients and regulatory agencies to oversee project compliance with biological mitigation measures and with federal, state, and local regulations
- Lead and mentor others, setting expectations and developing further capability and expertise within the team
- Conduct natural resource surveys, biological monitoring (as necessary), field team management, and providing specialized site assessments
- Perform biological surveys, report preparation, construction monitoring, and other services related to compliance with the biological and regulatory requirements associated with EI's projects
- Duties may include general and focused biological resource surveys, nest monitoring, web-based reporting, and use of ArcGIS GPS equipment for mapping identified biological resources
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Exercise safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs
- Participate in the company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attend professional workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.MINIMUM Qualifications
- BS or MS in biology, ecology, wetland science, plant ecology, or similar field
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a biologist (or equivalent) in Southern California with experience pertaining to a specialized biological training or field
- Knowledge of current environmental regulations including FESA and CEQA
- Experience and training in specialized field (e.g. botany, wildlife biology, fisheries, wetland ecology, etc.) including current/previous USFWS 10(a)(1)(A) Permits and/or CDFW Scientific Collecting Permits is preferred
- Proven abilities in project management and technical writing
- Experience conducting wetland delineations and preparing jurisdictional delineation reports suitable for submittal to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Knowledge of the flora/fauna of Southern California
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Proven leadership skills; identifies problems and actively devises appropriate solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing / team player with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to work well with and mentor others, setting expectations and providing input and feedback in a helpful way that fosters accountability
- Ability to actively delegate and communicate in a group oriented setting, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and leaders
- Knowledge of computer aided software (Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, etc.)
- Ability to complete and maintain HAZWOPER certification with the 40-hour HAZWOPER environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher class
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to present to supervisors
- This position can be physically demanding and will require work in various working environments/conditions which requires that an individual be physically capable of canvassing large project areas by foot on various terrain and potentially in inclement weather
- Work environment will vary greatly depending on nature of assigned tasks
- The position may involve local travel as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
Montrose is a leading environmental solutions company focused on supporting commercial and government organizations as they deal with the challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow. Withapproximately 2,300 employees across over 70 locations around the world, Montrose combines deep local knowledge with an integrated approach to design, engineering, and operations, enabling the Company to respond effectively and efficiently to the unique requirements of each project. From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit to everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues within Montrose. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.