What you'll do...
Want to be part of Walmart's transformation of Merchandising decision-making?
The U.S. Omnichannel Financial Planning data science team works on providing accurate and useful forecasting and budgeting support to the leaders of our retail business- our merchants. We want merchants to unlock the power of machine-learning powered insights so they can effectively lead their business. As the biggest player in the game, Walmart trusts our associates to innovate the future of shopping.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will act as a Merchandising Business Analytics expert inspiring teams and leaders to make data-driven decisions. You will apply your data analysis skills to support the execution and evolution of our on-going initiatives and provide actionable insights to achieve results in Walmart's U.S. online and stores retail core business. You will serve as a trusted partner/advisor and collaborate with both data science teams developing and improving models as well as the business decision-makers using forecasts. You will influence decisions at the highest levels of the organization.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role, with the world's largest retailer, could be the fit you have been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
You'll make an impact by:
- You have strong exploratory data analysis skills and ability to make analytical, data driven recommendations and solutions
- You are experienced with languages used to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets (SQL, Python etc.,)
- You have strong story telling experience with data visualizations in Tableau, Looker, etc.
- You can process multi-dimensional data on cloud platforms (Preferably Google Cloud)
- You have prior experience in the retail or finance business domains
- You have Compelling, persuasive oral and written communication skills and can build strong cross-functional relationships
- You are comfortable with shifting priorities in fast moving environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Partnering with business and product stakeholders to solve challenging business problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and provide actionable insights
- Defining and evaluating key performance metrics for new product launches
- Developing data visualizations to monitor and quantify the impact of the product initiatives and unique business challenges
- Identifying new levers to help improve key financial data insights, understanding root causes for change in metrics
- Conducting exploratory data analysis including hypothesis testing, statistical inference and statistical analysis
- Collaborating with data stewards and data engineering team to gather and process right information from various sources
- Working effectively cross-functionally and communicate data and insights to non-tech leadership team
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, relocation benefits, the opportunity to work remotely and much more.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.We'revirtual
Working virtually has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America