What you'll do...
Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the mostsuitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases forprojects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns tooverall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends newprocesses and ways of working.Model Assessment & Validation: Identifies the model evaluation metrics. Applies best practice techniques for model testing and tuning to assessaccuracy, fit, validity, and robustness for multi-stage models and model ensembles.Data Visualization: Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Understands customer requirements to designappropriate data representation for multiple data sets. Work with User Experience designers and User Interface engineers as required to build frontend applications. Presents to and influences the team and business audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages throughbusiness and stakeholder understanding. Customize communication style based on stakeholder under guidance, and leverages rational arguments.Guide and mentor junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.Problem Formulation: Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies what methods (forexample, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem. Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstratehow the method would solve the business problem.Analytical Modeling: Selects appropriate modeling techniques for complex problems with large scale, multiple structured and unstructured data sets.Selects and develops variables and features iteratively based on model responses in collaboration with the business. Conducts exploratory dataanalysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data. Identifies dimensions anddesigns of experiments and creates test and learn frameworks. Interprets data to identify trends to go across future data sets. Creates continuous,online model learning along with iterative model enhancements. Develops newer techniques (for example, advanced machine learning algorithms,auto ML) by leveraging the latest trends in machine learning, artificial intelligence to train algorithms to apply models to new data sets. Guides theteam on feature engineering, experimentation, and advanced modeling techniques to be used for complex problems with unstructured and multipledata sets (for example, streaming data, raw text data).Model Deployment & Scaling: Deploys models to production. Continuously logs and tracks model behavior once it is deployed against the definedmetrics. Identifies model parameters which may need modifications depending on scale of deployment.Code Development & Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programminglanguage and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Createsproofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation,maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating businessplans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuringprogress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based workenvironment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coachingfor success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction toothers in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with businesspartners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America