(Senior) DevOps Engineer
Do you have expertise in modern cloud infrastructure and passion for automate everything? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the cancer research in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society.
Welcome to Waltham, MA one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities, it's important to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
Be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our game-changing pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness and maximising the lifecycle. By leveraging our commercialised portfolio, we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment. We're brave disruptors - entrepreneurial, courageous and pioneering in our approach. Here you have the opportunity to step up, take personal accountability and lead changes in our ever-evolving environment. With pace and drive, comes trust that we will get it done. Embrace the freedom to create and expand your horizons. Always backed and supported by pioneering leaders, this is the place to build a world-class career that's meaningful and rewarding. Here we're on a journey to becoming digitally enabled, to discover new ways of offering better solutions to our patients. Join the team with a vision to use data as a tool, to build a better, deeper, more personal understanding of the people we're helping. To ultimately deliver better outcomes for them - through dynamic omnichannel content, personal relationships and experience.
What you'll do:
Required for the role:
- Contributing in definition and implementation of IT infrastructure deployment automation in the cloud and on-premise
- Close collaboration with product development team in addressing identified issues in software design, bottlenecks or/and manual configuration steps
- Contributing in definition and implementation of company-wide Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes and tools
- Creation and maintenance of laaS and test automation scripts
- Contributing in defining future system architectures which will improve stability and operational efficiency of the systems
- Manage IT tools used for automation activities (CI/CD, configuration management, automation toolset, etc.)
- Manage orchestration infrastructure (Kubernetes)
- Educate and promote infrastructure automation practices within IT department
Desirable for the role:
- Linux administration
- Experience with utilizing cloud infrastructure and platform services (e.g AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience in configuration management and infrastructure automation systems, preferably Ansible/Terraform
- Experience in version control systems, preferably Git
- Experience in CI/CD platforms (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, Github Actions)
- Good knowledge of scripting languages, such as Python or shell scripts
- Experience in handling orchestration environment like Kubernetes / Docker
- Practical experience it dealing with complex IT processes and applications
- Good knowledge in IT networking
- Experience in monitoring tools and log management solutions (e.g Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, Splunk etc)
- Experience in case tracking system (e.g. Jira, Zendesk)
- Self-learner who'll seek and find knowledge needed for new concepts/solutions/technologies
- Strong communication skills on a technical and professional level as well as with service oriented
- Ability to organize self and others including effective scheduling, prioritization and time management skills, completing tasks to tight deadlines
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey. So, what's next! Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.