Responsible for the preparation of all surgical and autopsy specimens for microscopic examination by the Pathologist. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures. This knowledge includes the use of specialized instrumentation, IHC and special staining techniques, quality control requirements, and preventive maintenance. Responsible for the oversight of all routine histology and immunohistochemical (IHC) technical functions. This includes staining procedures, quality control, the work up of new antibodies, the set up and maintenance of instrumentation and the implementation of new procedures. Works with Manager to provide technical, financial, and regulatory oversight as assigned.
Top Reasons to Work at Trinity Health of New England:
Work Hours/Shift:You Will Be Responsible For
- Great benefits
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
Exceptional Patient Care: Must understand we exist for the patients and their care is the number one priority.
Excellent Communicator: Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with admin, colleagues, patients and family member.
Strong Educator: Educate patients and family members so that they have a transparent understanding of the care being provided.
Technical Familiarity: Understanding in computer-based applications, email, and standard applications such as Microsoft Office.
Active Teamwork: Demonstrates problem solving, conflict resolution, and positive communication through teamwork.
About Trinity Health Of New England:
- Education: Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry (must include credit hours in both) AND successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician or Histotechnology program within the last 5 years; OR
- Experience: Must have at least 5 years of experience as a Histotechnologist
- Licensure: Not required in CT
- Certification: HTL ASCP required; Qualification in IHC (QIHC) by ASCP
- Job Skills: Must have experience in the following areas: Fixation, Microtomy, Processing, Staining, IHCstaining, IHC optimization and validation. Unless otherwise required by certification, licensure, or registration, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibilities listed in this description may be substituted for the minimally required education and/or experience listed in the Qualifications section noted above.
Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery system that is comprised of world-class providers and facilities dedicated to full spectrum preventative, acute, and post-acute care. We aim to deliver top level care to increase our community's overall health at lower costs. While we serve nearly 3 million people, we are proud to be a part of a national system that focuses on putting our patients first and having the best colleagues to do so. Trinity Health Of New England benefits include health insurance, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick time, and professional advancement just to name a few.
Employees can also take advantage of extra benefits specific to each hospital.Step up to your potential. Write your story and apply today!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.