There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
About the role:
The leader will drive creation of an analyst friendly IT Operations reporting environment that includes an intuitive business data model and self-serve capabilities for standard reports, ad-hoc analysis, and advanced analytics. They will lead a small team focused on providing insights to enable smart, fast decision making through both direct analysis activities and collaboration with analysts in other areas of GOS.
The strongest candidate will be a structured thinker with a track record of successfully leading initiatives from concept to completion. They will have a solid understanding of data modeling concepts, excellent relationship management skills and a variety of professional experiences to leverage in achieving desired outcomes.
Create an analytics function within GOS, similar to what exists within the GPMO. Achieve vision to take organization beyond the standard reports and ad hoc queries used today to offer quicker, more consistent and deeper insights into Incident, problem, change, service request, ITOC interactions, business continuity and cert metrics, and more. We will fill this small but mighty team with internal moves.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications
- Lead a small team of direct reports, providing direction, career coaching, constructive feedback and meaningful recognition while maintaining an inclusive environment and achieving remarkable results
- Strengthen the distributed GOS analytics community, actively supporting best practice sharing and collaborative ideation
- Partner with: Subject Matter Experts to define an integrated business data model
- Horizontal innovation teams to build the meta, logical and physical data models to support the GOS analytics needs
- IT Service Management and SolveIT program teams to ensure reporting and analytics needs are considered as part of all GOS sponsored innovation work
- Understand and influence metrics used to measure the GOS organization and operations function within innovate organizations
- Offer insightful recommendations to IT executives, enabling them to better mitigate the impact from issues or capitalize on opportunities
- Develop and grow by taking on complex special assignments at the direction of the AOSM executive leader
- Regular demonstration and modeling of GM's winning behaviors
- Pragmatic and forward-thinking leader responsible for transforming the GOS analytics ecosystem to enable fast, accurate conversion of data into information for decision makers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or other STEM-related field or equivalent combination of experience and training
- 10+ years IT experience, with at least five years leading both innovation and operations teams or programs
- Experience planning and managing complex programs leveraging resources across organizational boundaries
- Excellent negotiation and judgment skills to ensure "best for GM" solutions while mitigating risk and driving progress
- Demonstrated partnership and collaboration skills and willingness to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Experience championing change, convincing others who may be skeptical or resistant to accepting new concepts and approaches
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional work ethic and high tolerance for ambiguity
- Demonstrated capability to gather and interpret complex quantitative or qualitative data
- Competent with PowerPoint and highly competent with Excel and related analysis tools
- Good understanding of data modeling concepts
- Experience with data modeling and/or diagraming tools
- Familiarity with MicroFocus ITSM suite
- Experience developing presentations for executive audiences
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.