Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department objectives. Generally, works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, monitoring the flow of work between own department and others in alignment with business strategies, selecting and developing effective managers and work teams, managing own organization through reliable systems and processes, and producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process.
Specific Job Summary
The Senior Manager, HRIS HCM Administration is responsible for the operation and management of MVW's core technology solutions, including configuration of assigned solution. Supervising a team of analysts, the HRIS System Administrator will be responsible for foundational configuration, functionality, data integrity, and reporting. The incumbent reports to the AVP, HRIS and interfaces with HRIS team members, HR Centers of Expertise (COEs), the Finance & Accounting (F&A) Accounting Services department, Legal, and third-party Providers.
- Contributes to team, department and/or business results by performing more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- hiring for diversity and balance of skills.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- - achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
Specific Expected ContributionsSYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Configures core HRIS systems ensuring appropriate configuration, data capture, architecture, interface management, etc.
- Ensures system integrity is maintained, including maintenance of configuration.
- Ensures all releases are appropriately tested prior to migration to production
- Programs functionality within system tools to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Ensures integration of all systems, interfaces, etc. to operate seamlessly.
- Recommends enhancements to functionality, partnering with HR Business Partners, COEs and other HR and IT team members to assess solutions.
- Remains abreast of Workday functionality and releases, ensuring capabilities are utilized to fullest extent.
- Manages Data Analysts to ensure that data across solutions maintains consistent architecture and partners with HR Business Partners to ensure accuracy of HR data.
- Manages Reporting Analyst to ensure that HR data reporting meets the business needs.
- Works closely with Talent Management Data Analyst to ensure that analytics are appropriately supported.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Manages issue resolution for assigned systems, ensuring team appropriately responds to level 2 HR inquiries.
- Researches, investigates and reports on complex problems, corrections, and changes related to inquiries and escalations.
- Ensures internal controls are established related to data and systems.
- Recommends ongoing changes in methods, procedures, or policies to improve specifically the effectiveness of HRIS capabilities.
- Assists in reviews of HR systems, procedures and processes and provides recommendations for enhancements that will streamline the processes of the HR department as a whole and will comply with company policies and governmental regulations.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Usually, a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology). College degree and/or related experience typically required.Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's Degree in information systems or related field; or equivalent HRIS experience required.
- Five to eight years of Information Systems experience required.
- Experience with Workday HCM solutions required.
- Background in data reporting preferred.
- Experience of vendor management preferred.
- Understanding of client data configuration and security administration.
- Is a team player with credibility who works with a moderate degree of independence.
- Is results-oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders, vendors, and project team members.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust.
- Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Integrates and balances priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Possesses strong technical skills, intermediate level knowledge of database information systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Above average computer literacy: strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and various third-party Payroll Service Provider applications.
- Above average numerical ability.
- Data entry skills required.
- IT/HRIS and Global Data Privacy knowledge.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture