Posted in Retail
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a part of Walmart US Tech, you'll help build industry defining Health and Wellness technology products to drive differentiated experiences for our patients and pharmacy associates. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion to build digital health products and support under-served health communities, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team - then our Senior Manager II- Technical Program Management role could be for you.
What you will do:
Program Planning & Development:
Program management techniques, tools, and frameworks; Benefits analysis; Program planning tools and techniques; Communication tools and processes.
- To define goals, stage gates, critical delivery paths, and key deliverables for large-scale programs that incorporate multiple programs with dependencies across multiple areas of work, timelines, and resource constraints. Secures commitments for program scopes, delivery dates, and resources and manages cross-functional dependencies across multiple areas of work. Resolves ambiguous situations with conflicting business and product strategies and independently drives clarity to program teams/leadership on strategy and end-to-end technology solutions. Identifies synergies, overlaps, and waste for program tracks across multiple areas of work and mentors team members. Drives initiatives to improve ways of working.
- Techniques to translate requirements for software (for example, design, architecture, testing), hardware (for example, system design, hardware selection) assets or platform capabilities (cloud infrastructure, pipeline orchestration, database, network); System/platform design concepts/ components and architecture; Emerging tools and technologies
Product/Feature Technical Design; Services, APIs, and technologies within assigned teams/areas; Software, platforms, and/or Information security standards and guidelines; Infrastructure components (for example, network, storage, compute), cloud, data, and development platforms; Hardware/software lifecycles (EOL, upgrades, migrations); Site Reliability Engineering concepts (observability, monitoring, pre-production checklists, incident management); Cloud computing technologies; Service management concepts (ITIL framework).
- To participate in end-to-end discussions for high-level system /solution design of simple/medium-complexity systems and demonstrates an understanding of design choices for scalability, high availability, and performance. Ensures dependencies between system contracts are robust and avoid upstream and downstream OE/production issues during development changes. Directs the identification, investigation, reporting, and follow-up for resolution of defects/bugs raised during testing processes or post-production. Independently clarifies requirements with engineering teams through verbal, written, or diagrams of simple system architecture and translates product feature requirement needs into technical designs or details. Understands dependencies between capabilities, software systems, services across assigned pillars. Identifies similar capabilities during planning and execution cycles across various products for possible software reuse opportunities. Ensures effective roll-forward and roll-back plans are in place for every release. Ensures monitoring and alerting are set up and ensures effective operational excellence frameworks are implemented. Establishes end-to-end delivery plans based on impacts and interdependencies between applications (For example: Systems and services across item and customer lifecycles), infrastructure (for example: OS, Network, Stores, Compute, Cloud), and security to ensure quality outcomes for new initiatives and the modernization (for example: EOL, Legacy system retirement, Upgrades) of existing technology stacks. Independently identifies patterns and explores possible solutions to leverage existing capabilities and technology strategies to avoid duplications. For a moderately complex initiative, independently translates end outcomes into system/platform/security-level elements across multiple engineering components/teams to ensure desire goals are achieved. Proposes frameworks, tools, and methodologies that can be adopted to drive automation across initiatives. Establishes methods for effective launch and post-launch by assessing engineering practices for resting, triage, and maintenance, under guidance. Assist in the creation of simple, modular, extensible, and functional design for a product/solution in adherence to requirements.
What you will Bring
- Essential aspects of a specific business/domain area; Industry trends, market segments and competitor activities; Domain-related terms and success metrics relevant to program context.
- To demonstrate an awareness of various principles, processes, relevant technology, ways of working, and terminologies across a domain. Extends program plans to incorporate elements of communications, marketing, and field service management. Leads discussions and conducts impact analysis/due diligence to guide decisions on build versus buy. Identifies areas for the implementation of new processes, automation techniques, and updated ways of working while understanding the impacts on interdependent domains. Proactively researches new processes and automation techniques used across domains and industries to influence product roadmaps.
Deliver Program & Results:
- Risk management methodologies; Project management tools, techniques, and methodologies; Project tracking tools, dashboards, and reports; Financial management tools and processes; Budgeting and internal and external programs; Change management; Critical paths; Negotiation methodologies.
- To drive monitoring for multiple programs and decomposes performance metrics for programs into measures for different projects. Independently identifies key risks, determines severity, creates mitigation plan, determines likelihoods, and manages issues to unblock a program with little guidance. Assesses and manages the likelihood and impacts on multiple areas of work.
Escalates issues to relevant stakeholders to unblock teams. Ensures the effective use of program budgets by ensuring teams work together on the highest value efforts (for example, clear priorities, resource alignment), and are unblocked in completing those efforts. (for example, tracking and managing dependencies). Ensures systems underutilized are released (for example, staging and testing environments scaled down after production release). Identifies existing work that no longer brings enough added value. Owns and drives complex, large-scale program, executes lifecycles, and mentors team members on best practices. Dynamically reassesses and refines roadmaps, navigating through changes to arrive at paths to green for programs at risk. Proactively implements processes and tactics to accelerate timelines. Defines, implements, and improves standard, scalable, measurable, and repeatable workflows and processes for cross-functional teams. Defines goals and objectives for a vague program and breaks the program down into sub-projects and sub-processes that can be executed in parallel by various teams. Simplifies concurrent deliverables and seamlessly manages queuing for engineering teams spanning development cycles and testing progress for multiple teams across a program. Defines and establishes prioritization frameworks for the dynamic resequencing of a portfolio of initiatives.
Influential Communication for Alignment:
- Application and allocation of business communication styles/techniques; Communication channels/mediums; Program management documents; Qualitative and quantitative data management (for example, feedback, facts, analysis).
- To proactively communicate progress and risks and engages with core teams to resolve issues while updating broader teams and stakeholders on progress. Understands communication styles and needs of stakeholders and core program team members and uses varying communication styles as needed to achieve consensus/alignment. Independently prepares clear, concise, logically structured, and meaningful reports/materials using relevant data. Seeks and provides constructive feedback, anticipates needs/questions, and responds with actionable feedback. Communicates complex information to large and diverse audience verbally in small/large meetings, as well as through written emails and artifacts. Coordinates and produces documents that communicate project strategy, status, scope, timelines, task planning, action items, risks, issues, dependencies, test planning, or rollout planning and manages complex changes.
- Data analysis and research; Problem-solving techniques and frameworks; Data-driven and fact-based decision-making techniques/methodologies; Impact analysis and course correction techniques/methodologies; Precedence and use cases for business problems; Barriers to effective problem solving (for example, confirmation bias, mental set, functional fixedness, groupthink, paradigm blindness)
-To define program success metrics through the extraction of insights. Identifies difficult problems and systemic gaps that may seem invisible/avoidable on assigned programs. Extracts insights and promotes the value of insight extraction from multiple data sources. Leads problem-solving efforts for complex and ambiguous problems, questions assumptions to clarify articulation of the problem, and coaches team members. Mentors team members on fact-finding techniques, diagnostic tools, and judgment to identify and break down business problems.
Program Stakeholder Management:
- Stakeholder identification and engagement; Processes and ways of working across various groups; Relationship management techniques; Techniques to manage conflicting stakeholder priorities and ambiguity; Stakeholder management strategy.
- To independently engage with the identified program stakeholders based on defined cadence to align and share regular updates. Independently builds relationships with program stakeholders and aligns stakeholders on roles, responsibilities, ways of working, and cadences at various stages of program execution. Independently ensures that all dependent teams and stakeholders have accurate and thorough understanding of different stakeholder perspectives and overall project goals, timelines, and deliverables. Coordinates with stakeholders in ambiguous scenarios and ensures stakeholder alignment during and after minor setbacks, blockers, and obstacles.
-Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values: Culture Champion - Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Live our Values: Servant Leadership - Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Embrace Change: Curiosity & Courage - Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Embrace Change: Digital Transformation & Change - Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer: Customer Focus - Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Deliver for the Customer: Strategic Thinking - Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Focus on our Associates: Collaboration & Influence - Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
Focus on our Associates: Talent Management - Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity experts and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make epic impact and are leading the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.
We're Primarily Virtual
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities. Most of our team will make this permanent transition to our hybrid way of working as our new normal. Our U.S. hubs are: Austin, TX; Bentonville AR; Carlsbad, CA; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX, Hoboken, NJ; Portland, OR; Reston, VA; Seattle, WA and Sunnyvale, CA
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help approximately 220 global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Here at the world's leading retailer, you can make career defining accomplishments, learn new skills, gain experience from virtually every industry, and leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail. Discover why we are a world leader in technology, diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. careers.walmart.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
• Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related area and 6 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
• Option 2: 8 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification in Project Management., Master's degree in Business Administration, with specialization in strategy, supply chain, finance, information systems, or related area and 4 years' experience in product design., Supervisory
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
Posted 1 minute ago
Posted 1 minute ago
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Posted 1 minute ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our