Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Develops and manages an organization which designs and develops proprietary manufacturing equipment used in the manufacture of Advanced Components for the medical device market.
- Brings best practices in the development of engineering controls, documentation and change management to the equipment design organization.
- Manages the manufacture of this proprietary equipment. Provides sustaining engineering support for the installed base of equipment across the division ensuring overall productive targets are met.
- Responsible for managing a technology roadmap for the continued development of next generation proprietary equipment used to manufacture the Global Operations production platforms.
- Support will be provided to the Growth and Strategy team as well as other divisional design and development teams as required to support new process capabilities through equipment, process, controls, automation design, and build execution.
- Capable of effectively prioritizing and resourcing divisional priorities and can influence and coordinate with multiple site peers and team members to ensure projects are being delivered on time and on budget.
- Manages and analyzes the testing and feasibility studies of mechanical products, instruments, subassemblies, processes, and packages for new and existing equipment.
- Responsible for developing AVL with preferred supply partners and works with Supply Chain sourcing team to develop cost effective solutions, and reduced risk through diversification and other strategies of for critical components and consumables.
- Receives assignments in the form of strategic objectives and establishes goals to self and team to meet objectives. Supports multiple business units and has direct reports located in various geographic locations.
- Effectively collaborates and influences cross-functionally with team members, customers and/or functional peer group managers, along with suppliers.
- Manages through subordinate team members, the coordination of activities of a department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
- Capable of managing a diverse team with various levels of experience and expertise to include but not limited to: Process and machine design engineering, manufacturing engineering, automation and controls engineering, machining and machine design resources, program and project management, supervisory and subordinate leaders.
- Delivers a talent strategy that builds winning teams through a focus on empathy, integrity, inclusion, learning, and collaboration.
- Promotes a culture consistent with Nordson values and Foundational Attributes
- Coaches for development and manages performance and behavior concerns in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Must have experience in equipment development and engineering, research and development and project management.
- Requires a BS in Engineering, plus 7+ years of experience.
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- Proven ability to manage large value 3rd party equipment suppliers / integrators.
- Familiarity with regulatory environments and the impact of machine design and changes that can impact validation processes and validated states of equipment.
- Strong knowledge of motion control methods, equipment, and best practices.
- Working knowledge of a variety of control system architectures including PC-based programming, PLC and discrete control methods.
- Experience with process control systems and related sensor technology for controlling flow, pressure, temperature, and motion.
- Ability to look across multiple control platforms to understand similarities and opportunities for consolidation and harmonization.
- Strong project management skills to manage and communicate multiple projects across multiple businesses.
- Strategic planning and goal development and management competency.
- Proven knowledge with OSHA regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate, cubicle environment.
Salary range for this position is: $153,000 to $197,000 annually.
The base salary pay range for this job level is a general guideline and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to internal equity, business considerations, and local market conditions, as well as candidate qualifications, such as education, experience, and skills.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.
This job has expired.