American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Senior Manager, Software Engineering identifies, evaluates, and ensures the quality of the developed products meet the architectural standards and meets the needs/goals set for the enterprise to improve competitiveness. Focuses on the development of tactical and operational strategic plans with mid-term to long-term impact within department and/or function. Manages medium size department or function, including staffing, budget, and operations. Oversees and leads all areas of the software development teams as well as works in a cross-functional team environment and collaborates effectively to deliver and maintain solutions. Develops infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and improve operational performance. Problems faced may be moderately to extremely complex; numerous, undefined and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Assess impact of decisions and strategies on the broader organization. Serves as the technical expert in software development and provides guidance and mentors' staff.
- Manges software development key performance indicators (KPIs) and create reports for senior leadership team on outcomes. Ensures the correct execution of projects through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Directs code development, software testing, and documentation in accordance with current procedures. Oversees and directs the software release process with the goal of delivering software releases on time, on budget, with high quality and according to agreed-upon scope.
- Provides solution guidance for different scenarios on outages and various problems, incidents and/or opportunities that may be presented to the team.
- Manages new feature hand off, documentation, and support process to ensure reliable and scalable integrations and applications. Establishes processes and controls in relation to software development and software deployment.
- Leads and facilitates release and change management processes, including the development and execution of test scripts, implementation plans, validation plans and rollback plans.
- Oversees process documentation, procedures, and policies. Guides software development staff on overall direction and strategies. Contributes innovative ideas and leads solutions to help drive software as a key differentiator in the products.
- Cultivates a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring, and ongoing training / development. Mentors' developers to utilize best practices on design sessions, unit testing, and code reviews. Ensures corporate policies related to these initiatives are upheld through the development cycle.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Technology, Engineering and/or related required.
- Master's degree in computer science, Information Technology, Engineering and/or related preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience front-end and back-end development, development management, solutions architect, in software field.
- Minimum four (4) years managerial / leadership experience with direct reports.
- Advanced knowledge with a variety of programming / multiplexed languages, codes, and processes.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in software development methodologies including UML, Agile, Waterfall.
- Must be able to quickly assess complex programming applications.
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
For positions that are permitted or required to work remotely, employees may conduct work only within the United States and only in states where the Company is already conducting business, unless for brief periods, consistent with Company policy.
For employees in Colorado only, the anticipated range is $133,275 to $190,575. Actual starting base salary will depend on geographical location, skills, and relevant experience.
The Company also may provide benefits with this position including but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSUs) and/or Health Savings Accounts (HSAs); Dependent Savings Accounts; 401(k) plan with employer matching; employee stock purchase plan; and potential for bonuses. The above wage range is the Company's current good faith expectation for this position. The actual amount paid and/or offered may be less or more than this range and will be based on factors including geographic location, education, training, or experience related to the work, seniority, merit, quantity and or quality of the work.Related Keywords:
IT, information technology, software engineering, management, leadership, computer science, IT engineering, IT development management, solutions architect, IT coding, software development
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
#LI-PH1 #DICE_PHO #remote #DICE
This job has expired.