LexisNexis is dedicated to advancing the rule of law around the world, which is vital for building peace and prosperity in all societies. To accomplish this noble goal, LexisNexis is transforming legal research globally. Our search index contains more than 81 billion richly annotated legal documents, creating an unprecedented legal knowledge graph. Our technology changes how lawyers practice law by providing fast and relevant access to their most difficult questions.
The Senior Software Engineer - Search will be dedicated to the creation of next-generation search relevance techniques and strategies for LexisNexis, dramatically improving how our users search and find the answers to their legal questions. We are looking for someone who can bring their own perspective on how to solve a variety of internal and external opportunities. We expect this person to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems k as we continue to push technology forward.
- Serve as acknowledged "go-to" person on coding and technical issues.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of search engine plug-ins of moderate complexity.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor junior software developers interested in search engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing / maintaining web applications based on modern search engines such as Solr / Elasticsearch, including indexing, query parsing, relevance tuning, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience scaling search server clusters to accommodate increasing traffic to meet specific performance requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing / deploying high-performance RESTful web services (SOAP, XML-RPC, JSON-RPC, REST).
- BS Engineering / Computer Science OR equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree in Engineering / Computer Science.
- Expertise in containerization techniques such as Docker and Cloud orchestration platforms such Kubernetes.
- Expertise in enterprise development languages such as Java or Scala.
- Expertise in test-driven development and maintenance including techniques for applying best practices for overall project benefit. (Java and Cucumber scripting).
- Software development process expert in applicable methodologies (e.g., Agile, Test Driven Development).
- A proven expert in partnering and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Strong experience with various resource models such as Managed Services and/or Staff Augmentation.
- Ability to partner and lead internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong organization / project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting / translating findings into alternatives / solutions; and identifying risks / impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.