Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci® Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses highly complex mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand.
The Firmware Engineer will develop new and innovative robotic assisted surgical products for the Intuitive da Vinci Surgical System. He or she must excel in a high-energy team environment and be capable of making sound decisions when faced with the time pressures and incomplete information typical of new product development. The successful candidate must have strong technical depth in relevant areas, and have a track record of successful product development efforts.
- Represent Firmware and Software Engineering on cross-functional project teams that design, develop and test next generation products for robotic assisted surgery.
- Develop, implement, test and document solutions for designs according to clinical and market requirement. Implementation of solutions include development of FPGA firmware and bare metal software.
- Work closely with the hardware, software and system engineering teams to determine best methods to satisfy and verify design requirements and to ensure design outputs are successfully integrated into effective system designs
- Develop test methodologies to perform manual or automated verification and simulation test bench.
- Provide rapid prototype firmware/software and iterative design support for the testing of new technology and to evaluate future product release content
- Provide engineering support for resolution of field and manufacturing issues
- Interact with cross functional team members to understand the broader needs of the overall program
- Provide technical support to other company stakeholders
- Support the quality and regulatory processes as required
- BS required, MS preferred (EE or CS preferred). Minimum 8 years of firmware/software development experience.
- Experience developing complete firmware or software solutions for embedded systems using Verilog and C/C++.
- Experience with mentoring junior team members and peers on technical tasks.
- Develop tests at module and system level in Python and FPGA simulation tools.
- Debug software and perform reviews of test automation and application code.
- Contribute to design documentation for test protocols, results and reports and complete tracing for all software requirements.
- Assist in analysis of test and field data, identify non-conformance trends, generate concise executive summaries, and recommend design improvements.
- Working knowledge of peripherals commonly used on embedded systems such as ADCs, DACs, PWM and waveform generation and serial communications (I2C, SPI, RS232)
- Proven experience using electronic bench equipment such as oscilloscopes and function generators for the bring up and troubleshooting of hardware
- Good understanding of digital electronics to be able to translate hardware requirements into firmware
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment providing solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and effective peer review techniques
- Experience with designing products in an FDA or other regulated industry or for mission critical applications is desired; comfort with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) across all levels and organizations
- A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : None
Travel Requirements:None Shift:Day
This job has expired.