ECS is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to work in our Arlington, VA office.
ECS is looking for a Senior engineer for USPSOIG Enterprise Active Directory domain which includes architecting, managing and day to day maintenance of a Microsoft Windows server infrastructure, Microsoft Enterprise applications and various third-party applications hosted in Azure.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations, maintenance and monitoring of the agency's on-prem and cloud server infrastructure
- Establish monitoring requirements for servers and applications as well as develop and deploy alerting strategies
- Coordinates all maintenance activities including testing and scheduling for maintenance weekends including ensuring that all change records have been approved prior to maintenance events.
- Assures implementation by working with staff on the goals and objectives of agency-wide programs, implements established goals and objectives, assesses measures that evaluate performance, and makes recommendations for program improvement.
- Develops mitigation strategies when vulnerabilities cannot be remediated, coordinates with IT security for review and acts on any directed changes.
- Responsible for upgrading and managing all domain services and works with various system owner to coordinate systems upgrades, system backups, as well at hardware refreshes.
- Develops and submits change requests and tracks to completion for software upgrades and patches.
- Develops technical architecture documentation that details procedures for installation, maintenance, security, configuration, and disaster recovery.
- Responds to events and incidents with possible security architecture or negative user experience impacts; takes necessary corrective actions promptly
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research on complex infrastructure and client support issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, or interpretation to identify appropriate solutions.
- Identifies and resolves unique issues, recommends innovative solutions to address new needs and/or issues and recommends enterprise upgrades, changes, or enhancements.
- This individual will be able to provide support remotely without mileage limitations.
- Bachelors Degree
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Candidate will possess at least 10 years of specialized IT experience in Microsoft Windows-focused administration to include Active Directory services and Azure services
- Extensive knowledge administering and managing Microsoft Windows Server operating systems in a physical and virtual environment (Azure and VMware).
- Must have the ability to independently rollout and manage server infrastructure projects, hosting enterprise applications across multi-server farms.
- Extensive system monitoring, auditing, and alerting utilizing System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Administration experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Expert working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy to manage enterprise environment. Able to architect and deploy Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures.
- Expert knowledge of Windows Security for server and policy configurations. (Example: DOD STIG, server hardening, vulnerability remediation, baseline security configurations)
- Experience with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) and AD Connect
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Azure services: Azure administration portal, resource groups, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS services and Azure backup.
- Experience with Office 365 to include: Identity Management, licensing, group management and Exchange Online, etc.
- Experience with PowerShell and other scripting tools
- Perform proactive monitoring of system logs, services, scripts, and applications on servers' systems, storage arrays for internal and customer-facing applications
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and a consistent record of on-time delivery and customer service to include project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management, effective time management, documentation, and organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to express and present ideas clearly and concisely
- Able to work off-hours and weekends as needed for maintenance, upgrades, installations, etc.
- PKI: Design, develop and implement PKI processes. Specify, design, and build a robust PKI infrastructure for authentication, digital signatures, and encryption. Knowledge of PKI hardware and token issuance support services.
- SAN: Assist with storage analysis, capacity planning, and performance planning of storage components. Perform troubleshooting and performance monitoring of storage environment. Configuring and administering Storage Area Network (SAN) and associated components. Perform storage hardware and software maintenance and upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Microsoft certification
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.