Elsevier helps researchers and health care professional's advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior Systems Engineer who will assist in the design of a functional and maintainable platform. You will be joining a core team in our Pittsburgh office to help deliver highly available platform for software solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in changing the way that Elsevier products are delivered within the company and to our customers, devising and implementing a modern approach to software engineering that enables continuous delivery and releases features on-demand.
The role holder will have excellent technical and project management skills as you'll be part of the Technology Infrastructure and Operations (TIO) team supporting, designing, migrating, and implementing products globally focusing on Advanced Clinical Decision Support.
Work on projects as wide ranging as:
- Build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure architecture, balancing performance and resilience with cost.
Key Skills / Experience
- Playing a key role within the Migration of 3rd party datacenters into AWS enhancing our DevOps practices where possible and ensuring timelines are met.
- Building and maintaining a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational tasks
- Defining, and building enterprise platform tools* Building and maintaining an auditing and reporting estate that provides all relevant information on current and historic working state of infrastructure.
- Improving existing Continuous integration across multiple product pipelines* Oversee the day to day remediation of critical issues and building processes and efficiencies to eliminate the recurrence of issue.
· AWS deployment at scale with a high level of architectural understanding of
the AWS offering
· Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
· Linux OS
· Experience of working in an agile environment
· Excellent Linux experience at scale
· Excellent Windows Server experience at scale
· A high level of skill at writing terraform modules
· A deep understanding of coding practices and of DRY principles
· Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins / Github Actions
· CDN and internet networking
· Security and compliance understanding
· Agile experience with Scrum / Kanban
· Ability to work on several work streams with excellent time management
· Excellent team player
· Able to formulate and execute solution to take into consideration the needs
of multiple stakeholders.
RELX is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120..