WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Senior Technical Accountantto join the Technical Accounting Group. The Senior Technical Accountant is responsible for leading the organization’s efforts to implement new accounting pronouncements and understand the accounting implications of business decision-making. The incumbent will consult the business on accounting policy matters, document and communicate accounting judgments and conclusions for significant and complex transactions.This position is a highly visible role and can significantly impact the organization by becoming a leading contributor on numerous matters such as complex and unusual transactions, accounting policies, and new and strategic business initiatives. Additional responsibilities include:
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position, located in Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE
- Research, document, analyze and implement changes arising from upcoming SEC, FASB, and/or other regulatory requirements.
- Prepare thoroughly researched accounting position papers to support the accounting for complex and unusual transactions.
- Collaborate on the implementation and maintenance of a central accounting policy repository and act as a subject matter expert for such policies.
- Provide technical accounting assistance for special projects and new and strategic business initiatives while assisting with analysis on current business issues and their potential impact on our accounting, disclosure and filing requirements.
- Work with Internal and External auditors to facilitate reviews and audits by providing support and explanation of accounting position paper conclusions
- Review existing accounting processes and identify root causes and areas for improvement.
- Provide training to Finance and other associates on new and existing accounting policies and standards.
- Provide support with mergers and acquisitions while ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures, US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or public company financial reporting with 1-2 years of experience working as a Senior Associate. Banking and Insurance experience preferred
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX
- Strong technical accounting, research and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a complex and growing organization, adapt to changes in structure and work priorities, and interact effectively with various levels of the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and in groups, and willing to collaborate with associates to achieve departmental goals
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
This job has expired.