Koniag Technology Solutions, a Koniag Government Services company, is hiring a Senior Technical Writer- Configuration Management to support the design of network services based upon technical requirements for new initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Responsibilities & Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the management and documentation of systems supported by the division, beginning with initial requirements documentation to include full diagrams, schematics, operational procedures, and guidelines.
- Assist in creating technical specifications for lifecycle and modernization efforts. 2
- Assist in standardizing documentation to include Standard Operating Procedures, task lists and mission statements across NSD.
- Draft and present documentation to NSD leadership for approval and submission to the Government provided documentation repository.
- Review and apply network configuration management and technical documentation retroactively to all services provided by the division and its organizational partners as required by the Government.
- Document all current, future, and previous projects or solutions and maintain in the Government provided repository (currently Microsoft SharePoint and Confluence).
- Aid in the migration of a configuration repository as required by the Government.
Working Environment & Conditions
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience supporting projects of similar size, scope, and complexity.
- Must have an active TS/SSBI.
- 3 years experience in network configuration management in a classified environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the research and preparation of IT technical materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of technical research, writing, and editing, as well as word-processing and desktop publishing applications and computer equipment.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com EOE Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
This job has expired.