Reporting to the Manager of UX Design, an internal promotion means that we now need a Senior UX Designer I to lead the design strategy for the EAQ (Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing) product, part of the Sherpath platform. EAQ is a formative assessment tool that serves up personalized high-quality, application-level questions to prepare students in a variety of health professions programs succeed in their courses and confidently prepare for their exams.
EAQ is a widely used product, is highly adaptive and has an exciting and active roadmap in place so this is a great opportunity to be play a lead role on a data-driven, highly collaborative team.
Required experience and qualifications
- As a Senior UX Designer, you will support an agile product squad, the engineering lead and product manager. You will also work closely with the broader UX team, with frontend and backend engineers, and other internal teams to help deliver exceptional user experiences.
- Responsible for the end-to-end user experience and the creation of interaction and visual designs. This individual should be able to jump in and support research efforts, including moderating feedback sessions, running usability tests, and synthesizing findings, as needed.
- Create interaction/visual designs to communicate possible solutions to user needs
- Collaborate with other team members to build consensus and make the best design decisions.
- Present design concepts in a professional manner, and provide clear explanation based on data and best practice principles.
- Lead through excellent interpersonal skills and with emotional intelligence.
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience (5+ years) creating engaging designs for complex web and mobile applications.
- Online portfolio of case studies, highlighting exemplary design and user research deliverables
- Expert knowledge of UX and interaction design best-practices and patterns
- Experience leading a data driven UX design process and for leading colleagues through that process
- A passion for being a user advocate and for building easy to use, delightful user experiences.
- A love for talking to users and learning about what they do and how they work.
- Innate ability to understand complex systems and problems and ability to see the big picture. You think strategically but can practically apply it without getting lost in the clouds.
- Awesome listening and personal interaction skills.
- Excellent attention to detail - you should notice even the smallest inconsistencies.
- Respectful team player. Love to laugh. Relaxed and determined. Problem-solver. Puzzle-solver. Challenge-lover. Knowledge sponge. Enthusiastic. Awesome.
- Confident, yet very humble. Little ego, big open mind.
- Expertise with design tools e.g. Sketch, InVision, and Axure.
The job you are applying for is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- Formal education in design or user experience.
- Experience designing mobile native apps and mobile web apps.
- Web accessibility experience.
- Front-end development experience. Some understanding of what's technically feasible, and when to ask.
- Experience working in an agile environment with issue tracking tools to track daily work.
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of vaccination showing their last dose of a COVID-19 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single dose vaccine. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance you should speak to a recruiter about requesting an exemption/accommodation.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.