Our Maintenance Managers are a key part of each community's success. They are our facilities leaders who provide the technical know-how behind each apartment community and provide guidance and training to the maintenance team. From HVAC to plumbing to a fresh coat of paint, Maintenance Managers have a hand in every apartment and every resident's satisfaction. Your superior organizational skills and attention to detail will be utilized to attend to residents' needs, manage service requests and apartment turnovers to ensure the work is performed timely -- all while leading by example by modeling Equity's standards and managing the budget. Your strong technical skills will be utilized to identify and diagnose problems and perform a variety of service requests.
At Equity, being a manager is much more than sitting behind a desk directing others; we believe in leading by example and walking in the shoes of the people you manage. As a Maintenance Manager, you will spend your days out and about with your team, implementing scheduled maintenance, responding to service requests, managing vendors, and communicating and building rapport with residents. You will be an expert on your community; working along with and directing a team of maintenance professionals to ensure the community is in excellent condition for our residents.
WHO YOU ARE
* A Leader.Not only are you at the top of your game when it comes to all things technical, but you enjoy teaching new skills to your team and are committed to coaching and developing them every day.
* Technically Savvy. You have a solid understanding of general maintenance and technology and are quick to learn new skills.
* A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
* A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
* Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
* Personable.You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
* Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
* Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
* Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting teammates and residents know they matter.
* Confident and Decisive.You take initiative, trust your gut, and are not afraid to make a decision or deliver a difficult message.
* Organized and Accountable.You have exceptional time management abilities and are able to juggle the needs of changing priorities at the community while accomplishing objectives through training and motivating a high-performing team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Lead, train, and motivate a high-performing team.Communicate job expectations, coach service team, and monitor your team's performance against company goals. Provide feedback for improvement and guidance in defining career paths and professional development plans.
* Manage service requests.You'll use our mobile technology to assign all incoming service requests to your team, taking into account each individual's skills, workload, and learning opportunities. You'll also work alongside your team, performing both routine and complex repairs.
* Repair and enhance your community.You'll be responsible for repairing or maintaining allplumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs at the community, providing training to other team members as needed.
* Implement and manage a scheduled maintenance program. Monitor the maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the community including water heaters, HVAC units, elevator systems and centralized boiler systems.
* Create and maintain a make-ready schedule.You'll monitor apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning and repairing.
* Build rapport with residents.You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
* Notice the details.Complete daily property walks and regular community inspections to proactively recommend necessary repairs or replacement of any interior or exterior areas on the property.
* Focus on performance metricsranging from your community's Customer Loyalty Score to apartment turnover efficiency -- and everything in between.
* 3+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
* Supervisory experience
* Adaptability, multi-tasking and sound decision making abilities are required and essential to the success of this role
* Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
* Reliable and consistent form of daily transportation to and from work, including after hours for emergencies
* Computer proficiency and frequent daily use of / proficiency with a Smartphone with updated software
* HVAC experience and EPA Certification (Type I & II or Universal), if applicable for region/community
* Trade school and/or military training or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II)
* High school diploma or equivalent
PrimaryLocation Dallas, TX, United States ABOUT THE TEAM Our Maintenance Managers are a key part of each community's success. They are our facilities leaders who provide the technical know-how behind each apartment community and provide guidance and training to the maintenance team.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!