*4-hour afternoon shifts*
The Services Support Tech will be a function as a member of the ancillary staffing pool focused on providing remarkable customer and patient service in various areas, which may include: Food Services, Central Transport, and Environmental Services.
Colleagues must maintain competencies to support assignments throughout the hospital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide support services for daily balancing of staff within each team. May be assigned to various duties based on staffing, high demands or other special needs and may be reassigned to another function during the same shift if a need arrives
Environmental Services: Provide a safe, clean and sanitary environment for patients, visitors and staff. Performs a variety of departmental functions and tasks primarily focused on repetitive cleaning and sanitation following established department and hospital policies; using safe work practices and following state and federal regulatory compliance guidelines.
• Performs daily cleaning and disinfecting procedures for discharge, office, clinical, patient and other hospital areas utilizing prescribed techniques, equipment and cleaning chemicals.
• Must be able to work continuously at a vigorous pace and have physical abilities to dismantle beds and other equipment for disinfection process. Must have demonstrated ability to perform tasks at a high quality and productivity level.
• Maintain for overall cleanliness of trash storage rooms, staging areas for trash and compactor area in internal and external areas of the hospital.
Food & Nutritional Services: In accordance with defined procedures and established schedules, performs a variety of related duties in one of the following specifically assigned areas: Cafeteria, Catering, Cold Food Preparation, Trayline, and/or Dishroom. Maintains work area(s) in a clean and orderly condition.
• Sets up and/or serves food to customers in accordance with 1 established serving standards.
• Assembles patient food trays and nourishments, providing appropriate hot or cold foods as previously
ordered by Personal Nutrition Assistant (PNA), dispensing beverages and necessary condiments on trays in
accordance with individually prescribed menus. Also, prepares and places basic cold food, and in doing so,
portions, counts, and weighs food items according to established procedures.
• Performs cashiering duties such as operating cashier equipment, entering appropriate amounts of food items,
totaling purchases, collecting and returning appropriate money to customers.
Patient Transport: Transports patients to and from various locations safely and in a professional, courteous and timely manner. Maintains transportation equipment according to department standards for cleanliness and proper functioning.
• Greets patients pleasantly and with respect. Explains purpose of patient transport. Communicates with a
variety of hospital personnel and family members in order to relay appropriate information regarding patient
transport. Answers questions that are within their scope of responsibility and directs other questions to the
• Prioritizes patient transports and resolves associated patient care issues according to established policies and procedures. Transfers and transports patients independently to and from various locations within
specified departmental productivity standards, using appropriate body mechanics techniques consistently
(seeking assistance as necessary). Also maneuvers patient transport related equipment/supplies (i.e., chest
tubes, oxygen tanks, foley bags, medication pumps and various machines) within established guidelines.
• Uses appropriate infection control and isolation techniques. Reports isolation precautions to departmental
staff when not noted on requisition and when appropriate.
• Reports for work on time, appropriately dressed in uniform (including Hospital issued technology) and ready to work in assigned area.
• Communication Devices: Uses SJMO issued technology, software, passwords to ensure colleague has current access to all systems. IE: Email, EPIC Rover, Voalte
• All breaks must be taken at assigned time in authorized areas, unless prior approval is given from department supervisor.
• Remains in assigned work area, unless assigned elsewhere. Must notify assigned supervisor to request permission to leave work area.
• Meets SJMHS Service Excellence Standards.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
Education: High School diploma or GED Preferred
Credentials: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Experience: 6 months working experience in full service restaurant preferred, previous patient transport experience preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to work collaboratively with a "team" environment to complete goals and tasks
2. Ability to modify work plans and priorities to ensure the completion of assignments requested are accomplished to support patient care
3. Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, outside customers and community groups
4. Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
5. Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, associates, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
6. Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of SJMHS.
7. Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
San Jose, California
Posted about 8 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!