Perform a variety of technical and clerical support tasks under the direction of the Pharmacist; following established Spaulding Rehabilitation Network (SRN) policies and procedures. These tasks are designed to assist the pharmacist in the preparation and delivery of pharmaceutical supplies and medications. They are consistent with the Massachusetts's Board of Pharmacy expectations, on the job training and knowledge base. Most of the duties require the review and authorization of a licensed/registered pharmacist.
• Pharmacist is assisted with the preparation, compounding and dispensing of medications including dosage calculations, order approval, rounds to deliver/retrieve meds, and ordering supplies per establish procedures.
• Medication dispensing machine are picked, delivered and replenished on nursing units per SRN policy and schedule.
• Assistance with narcotic/controlled substances inventory (registered Pharmacy technicians) and associated documentation on nursing units is provided according to SRN policy and schedule.
• IVs and related supplies are provided on a replacement/demand basis.
• Pharmacy, patient care related inventory and equipment documentation is monitored and maintained according to SRN policies and standards.
• Administrative duties such as report, label, and form development, inventory maintenance, computer use, and research for patient care team are completed per stated objectives.
• Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
• PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
Additional Key Responsibilities for Lead Pharmacy Technician
Qualifications Qualifications and ExperienceEducation/Degree
- Medications in Omnicell are updated per pharmacy guidelines.
- Pharmacy technicians are oriented, taught, and mentored to achieve quality standards.
- Medication expiration dates and need for refrigeration are evaluated and implemented per drug and department guidelines.
- IV medication is prepared as applicable to the specific hospital and USP 797 Guidelines.
- Billing and other non patient care operations are completed per department guidelines.
• Graduate of an approved Pharmacy Technician Program preferred.Experience
• Prior experience preferred (hospital setting a plus.)Licensure
• Registered with Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy, or actively working toward registrationSkills
(Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
• Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
• Maintain variable work schedule to provide patient care as needed. (evenings, holidays, weekends and travel).
• Familiarity with medical terminology, abbreviations and computer technology is desired.
• Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
• Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
• Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
• High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
• Attention to detail.EEO Statement
SRN iscommitted to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect andopportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equalemployment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religiouscreed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any otherbasis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation in coming to or participating in theinterview process, please let us know.
This job has expired.