Holman is a global automotive leader that serves both commercial and consumer clients The Holman Way by always doing the right thing for our people, our customers, and the community since 1924. The Holman story began nearly a century ago as a single Ford dealership in New Jersey. Today, Holman, headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, is one of the largest family-owned automotive service organizations in North America with more than 6,500 employees across North America, the UK, and Germany.
Holman delivers a unique range of automotive-centric services including industry-leading fleet management and leasing; vehicle fabrication and upfitting; component manufacturing and productivity solutions; powertrain distribution and logistics services; commercial and personal insurance and risk management; and retail automotive sales as one of the largest privately owned dealership groups in the United States. Guided by its deeply rooted core values and principles, Holman is continuously Driving What's Right.
The Shop Supervisor will provide day-to-day direction to the department employees, analyze equipment and make suggestions for improved equipment performance, critiquing failures, and developing solutions.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review production schedule, evaluate and prioritize work orders and assign to appropriate personnel.
- Oversee the daily activities required to process the current jobs within established schedule.
- Supervise, train, counsel and motivate department employees.
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and disciplinary processes for department employees.
- Investigate, recommend and implement work processes in order to improve efficiency, quality and safety.
- Analyze, resolve and assist employees in problem resolutions.
- Communicate and provide feedback to management regarding activities, issues and / or problems on jobs.
- Prepare production reports, efficiency reports and other requested reports and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure all employees are trained and compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Review, correct and submit hours worked records for payroll processing.
- Promote a positive team environment.
- Possess knowledge of assembly processes to limit scrap materials.
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the production processes.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company's safety policies and clean initiative standards.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
At Holman, we exist to provide rewarding careers and better lives for employees and their families. We hire, train, empower, and reward exceptional people. Our journey is guided by our desire to get it right every time and the acknowledgement that we have an opportunity to be better. To be better, we have to do better, and to do better we must know better. That's why we are listening, open to learning new things - about ourselves and each other. We will never stop striving for improved diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are successful together when we feel trusted and supported. It's The Holman Way.Holman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in automotive / truck based industry, with supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to guide and teach employees.
- Must be reliable and detail-oriented.
- Ability to be organized with the power to plan effectively, prioritize and multi-task.
- Must possess a technical aptitude in working within an automotive / truck based industry.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.