An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Trinity Health Michigan, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. THM represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
THM is part of Trinity Health a national Catholic health system with an enduring legacy and a steadfast mission to be a transforming and healing presence within the communities we serve.
As a mission-driven innovative health organization, we will become the national leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be the most trusted health partner for life. Our Core Values, Reverence, Commitment to the Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity guide our behaviors to help us achieve our Vision.
Performs a variety of food service tasks in the areas of meal assembly, meal delivery, dishwashing and metal ware.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITES:
- Set-up and clean-up of tray lines assembly area to include (not limited to) hot and cold food items, silverware, dishes, napkins, salads, desserts, breads and beverages.
- Prepares work stations by stocking food and non-food items and equipment (as necessary)
- Work on assembly tray line stations and read tray tickets to provide correct food items
- Load trays on delivery carts
- Remove soiled serving trays from patient units, buses patient and customer serving trays
- Operate elevator to deliver and pick-up carts to patient care units and outpatient clinics.
- Take food service supplies (as needed) to patient rooms and outpatient clinics
- Deliver meals to patients' bedside. Assist with all needs/respond/resolve all concerns and requests.
- Communicate with portable telephones to assure all patients' needs are met.
- Assure delivery of "late" trays/items to patients.
- Delivery of assigned snack items to patients.
- Operate mechanical dishwasher, clean equipment, kitchen areas and unload food from delivery carts.
- Cleans and sanitizes all metal ware cooking pots, pans, and utensils serving ware.
- Maintains food service elevator, work areas and equipment (as scheduled).
- May be asked to prepare simple foods like sandwiches and salad.
- Maintains various records such as tray delivery/pick-up schedule.
- Assembles department trash for transport and (as needed) may need to transport to specific areas.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Behaves in accordance with the Code of Conduct, Service Excellence Standards, Mission, Vision, and Values of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Able to read and write English. Possesses basic math skills
Three to six months on the job training or previous experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Why this position -- What can it do for you!
- Ability to read, write and perform math calculations
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time - up to 100% of the work day.
- Ability to lift and push up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to 50% of work time.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with staff and other department personnel and patients.
- Frequent walking and standing. Must be able to work above the head and low to the ground. Occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing.
- Potential exposure to fumes, airborne particles, blood, bodily fluid, tissues.
- Located in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Michigan with easy access to US-23, M-14, and I-94.
- Full benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 22 different states!
- Free close proximity parking!
- For more information regarding career opportunities with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System please visit https://www.trinity-health.org/join-our-team/
Successful candidate will be subject to mandatory vaccinations/immunizations unless they qualify for an available exemption.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American's with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper's Act, or THM's Return to Work Program.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.