If you are looking for a full time position in Social Services, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Hospital, an affiliate of St. Peter's Health Partners, we care for more people in more places.
What you will do:
Recognized leader: Magnet Hospital in the Capital Region
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
The Acute Care based LMSW Social Work Case Manager provides advance clinical social work services which may include diagnosis and psychotherapy, care planning, case management, and community resource coordination to patients and their families who utilize inpatient and outpatient medical services. Work involves the use of sophisticated interviewing, assessment, and multi-modality psychotherapeutic interventions aimed at positively affecting the physical, cognitive, and emotional functioning of patients and their families. Work involves use of high level creative problem solving and advance communication skills while performing under mainly autonomous conditions. The Masters level social work case manager identifies barriers which impact optimal patient functioning and ensures patient receives appropriate resources in most appropriate setting. The LMSW is available throughout St. Peter's Hospital as an advanced clinical expert to consult with the interdisciplinary team.Responsibilities
What you will need
- Screens and accepts appropriate referrals.
- Develops comprehensive psychosocial assessments
- Identifies frequent readmission/high risk patients
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary care team and takes the lead on managing complex cases, providing mentoring, modeling, and resources as needed.
- Acts as patient advocate, promotes autonomy and champions patient's right to self-determination, incorporating patient's wishes regarding care and voices patient interest to the hospital
- In collaboration with interdisciplinary team, develops, implements, evaluates and revises, as necessary, a plan for hospital and post-hospitalization care, including referrals to other disciplines (psychiatry, addiction medicine, etc.) healthcare and community organizations based on needs assessment.
- Recommends and coordinates timely transfers to appropriate levels of care as indicated by clinical needs and utilization criteria
- Documents assessment, care plan, and progress notes consistent with department and Social Work standards and processes.
- Develops written treatment plans based on clinical assessment.
- Identifies areas for dynamic intervention
- Utilizes brief multi-modality psychotherapeutic interventions in accordance with the treatment plan.
- Participates constructively in Patient Rounds, Unit Care Conferences, Complex Care Committee, and other patient centered teams as necessary.
- Serves as advanced clinical consultant and educator to Patient focused Care Teams
- Attends and documents participation in inter-disciplinary teams, including self-directed work teams, hospital and departmental staff meetings, patient care meetings, and Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in Hospital, Organizational, and community based initiatives related to enhancing patient care.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Master's degree in Social Work is required.
- NYS LMSW or LCSW licensure is required.
- At least one year previous experience in Medical, Psychiatric, or Health Care settings required.
- Two years post MSW preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources required.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.