Title: Software Developer Intern Undergraduate Level - Summer 2023
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote
Be part of an extraordinary team
A Software Developer Intern will be responsible for engaging in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with mentors and be part of teams where they can stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge and competencies.
The Enterprise Standards Governance (ESG) team, group within the Global Chief Information Office organization, which provides Elevance Health a technology governance board to establish technology standards has an exciting opportunity. We have recently move our intake platform to Service now and would like to give you the chance to improve processes and develop enhancements on our custom Service Now system. Not only would you be working on service now enhancements, but you would also get to learn how Elevance Health reviews and approves new technologies for the entire company.
Software Developer Interns will be assigned to a specific group within the Global Chief Information Office organization based on the skillset and needs of the business. Undergraduate students should have experience and education in:
- Python, Java, C/C++, C#, Angular, HTML
- Automation tools, software testing tools, Machine learning methods
- DevOps, DevSecOps, Salesforce, infrastructure & mainframe, multi-database, multi-language, or multi-business application preferred.
- Advanced understanding of technological trends and developments in the areas of software development, software integration, cloud services, and application support
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the Summer 2023 internship
- Actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Graduation date between August 2023 to May 2024 at an accredited university
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and a quick learner as Training and Licensing will be provided.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent Problem-solving, Analytical, and Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong Development Skills in Java, JSP, Python, Lambda Functions, Good understanding of Database Technologies, AWS/Cloud knowledgeable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze, compare, and correlate data
- Ability to do online research
- Data correlation and mapping
- Reviewing information and determine what it means and how it can be used for improvements
Communication and Collaboration
- Ability to do documentation, both textually and through presentations
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable asking questions and asking for assistance
- Willing to collaborate with other team members
Any programming or database knowledge, including:
- Web Page development (HTML, CSS, Angular, React, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Visual Basic (VBA)
- SQL Queries
- Process Review
- Ability to provide feedback on Elevance Health process
- Ability to offer their opinion on ways to improve current process
- Ability to effectively document process improvements
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This job has expired.