At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,900 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other-that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Software Engineer, Front-end Focused
As a Software Engineer, you will be joining our superb software engineering team to solve engaging problems that feed into our two-week release cycle. Front-end focused Software Engineers are an essential part of EAB and use modern tools such as React and Typescript to build high-quality and engaging UI experiences. You will also participate in a culture of collaboration and growth that provides mentorship and paths for career advancement.
This position is remote.
- Aid in the development of solutions that support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple applications
- Collaborate with product, design, software engineering, and data teams to achieve common goals
- Self-start and steward your implementations through the software development process ensuring you champion the standards of the UX team in every development challenge
- Follow common sustainable page design, management, and development methodologies
- Perform testing at the page & source for presentation layer defects
- Solve complex software language and classical computer science problems
- At times, contribute as a full-stack software engineer on an as needed or as desired basis
- Passion for making dynamic and performant enterprise web applications
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with UI test frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- This position will be a busy one. Self-driven and a desire to work hard and produce high quality is a must!
- Thorough, methodical, problem solver, and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills. This role must easily be able to have clear communication over email, IM, phone, and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
- Expertise with React, Typescript, CSS, and HTML
- Experience with traditional front-end software patterns and architecture
- Experience with object-oriented, functional, declarative, and imperative programming
- Experience with Agile development
- Knowledge of basic back-end software patterns and architecture
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda, Node.js, Kotlin or Java, and SQL
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to "make education smarter and our communities stronger" we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.