As a Software Engineer supporting C.H. Robinson's Navisphere Orders capability team, you will use your passion for technology and experience delivering complex software solutions to support our global customers. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating requirements, estimating tasks, and writing code that meets performance, quality, business, and security objectives. You will collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, and quality assurance analysts to solve complex problems, improve our software development processes and standards, and keep up with emerging technologies.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Develop software and designs solutions to satisfy customer requirements that consider performance and availability
- Collaborate with product managers and principal software engineers to translate requirements into detailed designs
- Estimate for software development effort including identifying dependent teams and developing code to satisfy complex requirements
- Optimize, refactor, and reuse code to improve performance and maintainability while ensuring maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investment
- Write code using secure programming patterns and by finding, fixing, and enhancing security in existing applications
- Increase code quality through writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Tune performance and resolve availability issues of product or service and its dependencies
- Collaborate with other software engineers and teams on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Mentor and coach other software engineers by participating in design and code reviews and share best practices; proactively seek mentorship from others
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- 3+years of experience working in a software development team environment
- 3+ years of experience creating applications and features in an object-oriented environment (ex. C#, .NET, Java)
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) or non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB)
- Experience with microservices (WebAPI, Service Stack, REST API, etc.)
- Experience with Code reviews, Code optimization, Unit & Acceptance Tests
- Proficient with version control systems (ex. GIT, GITHub, TFS, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with data streaming and messaging architecture and frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ESB)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic workplace
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.