Top Secret Clearance
@Orchard is retained by a top space technology company in their search for a Software Engineer to join their team in Herndon, Virginia.
As a team member, you will have the opportunity to closely support their mission partners, and your work will have a direct impact on mission imperatives. In this role, you'll work closely with other software developers as well our infrastructure and cybersecurity teams leveraging open-source tools to create and maintain a diverse range of applications.
The team is a multi-faceted software development and systems administration team working to build and maintain software applications backed by a self-managed cloud infrastructure with a true big-data footprint (over 10 petabytes). The team's diverse background of experience in mission support and software development serves as a catalyst to solve unique and challenging intelligence problems in support of special operations analysts and their on-going activities. Prototyping and frequent, iterative feedback are core to their delivery approach, anchored by a need to work quickly in support of missions.
Your Core Responsibilities will include:
- Helping to maintain an existing data pipeline tasked with automatically retrieving and ingesting data, web application development for search, discovery and triage, development and implementation of analytical models.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing custom applications specifically built to support mission partners.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Current Top Secret security clearance w/ SCI Eligibility and willing to get a CI poly
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field (4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree. A Master's degree may count as an additional 2 years of experience.).
- 2+ years demonstrated experience with programming, design, and/or development.
- Working knowledge of agile software development practices and tools, such as Jira, Confluence, and git.
- Must be able and willing to work onsite in Herndon, VA.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
- Full-stack development experience in Python and/or Java.
- Experience with front-end development using React, Angular, or some other JS framework.
- Elasticsearch experience.
- API Rest Framework development/maintenance.
- Data flow orchestration using Nifi or similar.
- Experience with provision and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or similar.
- Exposure to building and supporting solutions in a cloud like environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, etc...).
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- You are a creative problem-solver who wants to apply breakthrough technologies for the good of humanity and to keep our country safe.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.
This job has expired.