Notified, formerly Intrado Digital Media, is hiring a Software QA Engineer. The Engineer will be responsible for testing new or modified software to ensure a level of quality and conformance to requirement and established standards; lead and participate in the creation of manual and automated test cases; ensure all documentation, equipment, and quality assurance tracking procedures are followed; provide the Quality team with support as well as identifying necessary improvements and enhancements in the process; utilize test tools while developing and promoting advance usage techniques to include (e.g., auto and manual test cases, defect tracking, reporting, etc.); support the assigned team with complex day to day decision as well as escalating any issue outside their control to management.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Software Quality Assurance Functions - Testing new or modified software to ensure a level of quality and conformance to requirements and established standards while ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures
- Lead and participate in the creation of manual and automated test cases
- Ensure all documentation, equipment, and quality assurance tracking procedures are followed
- Provide co-workers with support as well as identifying necessary improvements and enhancements in the process
- Utilize test tools while developing and promoting advance usage techniques to include (e.g., manual and automated test cases, defect tracking, reporting, etc.)
- Support the assigned team with complex day-to-day decisions as well as escalating any issues
- outside their control to management
- As necessary, demonstrate program to end users, identify problems and inconsistencies with each element of the test plan
- Identify procedures and policy enhancements designed to streamline and improve overall efficiency of the software engineering process
- Provide assistance to assigned co-workers ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures
- Provide support by answering questions ensuring functions are efficiently performed in a quality-oriented manner
- Provide assistance and guidance to co-workers on best approaches, practices, and lessons
- Keep up-to-date on current workflow and department procedures in order to answer questions, provide work direction, or complete tasks
- Train and mentor assigned co-workers, as necessary
- Provide departmental support in problem resolution, ensuring issues are resolved in an accurate, timely, and professional manner
- Assist staff in striving to ensure highest level of quality, responsive service possible is provided
- May be required to support supervisor in responding to inquires and conducting research and analysis
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with team members and department contacts
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Cooperate with team members to meet goals or complete tasks
- Escalate work flow and communication issues to supervisor
- Treat all internal/external customers and team members with dignity/respect
Related Duties as Assigned
- This position will be exposed mainly to an indoor office environment and will be expected to work near or around computers, telephones, and printers
- The nature of the work in this position is sedentary and the incumbent will be sitting most of the time
- Essential physical functions of the job include typing, and repetitive motions to utilize general computer software/hardware continuously throughout the work day
- Essential mental functions of this position include concentrating on tasks, reading information, and verbal/written communication to others continuously throughout the work day
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Applicant for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications. Education
- The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents
- Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required
- Also note, that reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions outlined above
- Please contact your local Employee Relations representative to request a review of any such accommodations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field is required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum four years increasingly responsible computer science or MIS experience required with quality assurance and/or telecommunications experience preferred
- Based on area of responsibility and departmental need, experience with automated testing tools preferred such as MABL, Visual Studio, TFS in (Mod, Regression, Load testing, Load Runner, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM))
- Based on area of responsibility and departmental need, experience with Jmeter and Blazemeter performance testing preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledABOUT US
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Our Company develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
The Company is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Our Company has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Our Company welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.ABOUT THE TEAM
Notified® is a business segment within Intrado, and is the world's only communications cloud for events, public relations, and investor relations to drive meaningful insights and outcomes. Our Events Cloud enables event planners, marketers, and communications professionals to create unforgettable experiences which build brand and community engagement through hybrid events, conferences, trade shows, town halls, and product launches. Notified's PR Cloud enables public relations professionals to reach global audiences, monitor brand sentiment, send press releases via GlobeNewswire®, measure success, and drive earned media. Navigate the media landscape and tap into real-time analytics from an integrated, intelligent, and easy-to-use platform. The Investor Relations Cloud enables investor relations professionals to manage communications - earnings calls, regulatory filings, press releases, investor days, and IR Websites - to maximize shareholder value. Activate your market strategy and manage dynamic communications and regulatory requirements from one platform.
At Notified we place a lot of value in giving our clients the solutions and support they need to operate efficiently and successfully. This same desire we use to set our customers up for success applies to our employees as well. Notified is committed to helping our employees and their families maintain a healthy work/life balance, to build a financially secure future. Self-development and learning are key with all our global employees having access to our internal learning and development university DevelopU for career and skills enhancement.
This job has expired.